need help with HP.

H8Eternal

Nov 25, 2003
queens NY
Tax check Is on the way, Im first going to sell my front/rear bumpers, rims/tires, hood and wing. Im looking forward to getting back at least $800.00 for everything. with that said, that $800. Or however much , Is going right back Into the car, such as rims/tires, Gt. rear/roush front bumpers, mach 2 hood, 03 cobra wing. Im sure I would need to add some money as well to replace all of that. Anyway, I plan on getting the Bullit suspension kit, which Is about $350.00, also doing up the duels with flows, so how ever much that costs. after all of that I would like to play with $1500.00....I know most of the stuff Im going to do Is for looks, but what can I do with the $1500. That will help Improve HP. It's a 01' automatic, just to give you a better idea.
please help me out with some serious advice and idea's, I would very much appreciate It.

steve-

• Sponsors (?)

How serious do you want to get with your car?

If you don’t have them already, get 3.73’s and a T-lok and a chip, which will be just under $700 for all that. Pick up some 1.8 Adjustable Roller Rockers. If you want, pick up a cam and valve springs. I’m assuming you have a CAI already.

Yeah, did the CAI thing. Like I said, the first things Im gonna to do Is the exterior, then back It up a bit with some hp. If you could explain what the 3.73's and a T-lok is going to exactly do, as well as the roller rockers and cam. I have an Idea but I would like to know In somewhat detail. also how much hp are we talking about, with all these mods?

the only stock parts, are the bumpers and the hood. the wing is a cobra r, and i have 17 inch after market rims/tires and rear louvers. believe me I could get $800. for all of that. getting back to the point, can anyone answer my questions?
Thankx-

I'm not the expert on this subject but I'll try and help you out. The 3.73's will give you better acceleration (better than the stock 3.27 gears we have in our cars) and the tlok will give you much better traction and a sweet burnout! And with those mods, your speedo will be off, so thats why you need the chip. The chip would also allow you to go over 115mph. Beware the chip will void any and all warranty your have on your car!

H8Eternal said:
the only stock parts, are the bumpers and the hood. the wing is a cobra r, and i have 17 inch after market rims/tires and rear louvers. believe me I could get $800. for all of that. getting back to the point, can anyone answer my questions?
Thankx-

3.73's and T-lok will let you do this
v6_burn_out.jpg

RR's will weigh less than the stock cast ones and will be less friction on your car and will give you maybe 5HP (if that), but your engine will run smoother and rev a tad higher. The cam will really wake the car up and give you between 10 and 40 HP, pending on what you get.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/2939/roller_rockers.jpg

Also, get a dremmle and P&P your upper and lower intakes, and slap on a 80mm MAF and 70mm TB. that will give you about 20 HP at the wheels with a good tune.

gears and tlok ONLY BUY NEW PARTS i got used and it cost me 500 extra plus another install to fix my screw up when they broke so DONT DO IT do it right or dont do it at all, matter of fact dont even mess with gears in the v6 buy a new 8.8 with 3.73s and tlok for 750 from ford because install is the key, and a shop has to know what they are doing else they will whine and who knows what else, it will drive you insane! i know it seems like alot of extra money but trust me from experience if you dont do it right the first time it will come back and bite you in the butt and wind up costing more that if you would have done it right in the first place.... its happend to me more than once so now i try to alwasy buy the best and do the best to save money in the end :) i spend 1000~ on a 7.5 with gears..... cuz i broke the damn things at the track just barly getting on it.