Need Help With Valuation Of A Car I'm Looking At.

Rex-222

Jan 6, 2016
I am completely new to the vintage mustang world. I am an old fox body street and stripper thats been out of the game for about 10 years. Im looking at a 1970 Mustang Mach 1. I have no idea what the value is on this car. It has some rust here and there and the paint is not great. I need an idea of what this car would sell for on average.

Original color I'm told as well as an all matching numbers car.
Car has factory ac, power steering and disc brakes.
351C M code / 4v heads

list of upgrades
  • Tremec 5 speed (still has original fmx and comes with the car)
  • wheels and tires
  • new carpet
  • ignition upgrade from points
  • aluminum intake and carb (still has factory intake but not carb)
  • IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5461.JPG
    IMG_5462.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5464.JPG
    IMG_5468.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5471.JPG
    IMG_5474.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

The rot is in some bad / expensive areas ,i would lift the carpet because i believe the floors will be in bad shape .Look the frame rails over because they will probably be bad as well .Door post will have to be replaced more than likely as will the hood and trunk lid .Front fenders may be able to be patched but i believe there will be a lot of hidden rot in this one

Just from what I am seeing I wouldn't buy it. Unless they are selling it under 5k. Just know its not going to be cheap to fix.
How do I know this? Go to my restoration page. I was ready to sell mine after all the years of work. I took 4 years off and started again this winter.

The restoration of that car is going to run 38k+ (probably closer to 50k)
You can buy one finished very well for 28-35k at auction. A 1970 coral 351C mach 1 isn't really anything special.

If you feel like saving a mach 1 (like I did), just know what you are in for. The parts get more expensive very year.