Need Help

Just bought a 2003 GT. Been sitting for roughly a year. Previous owner said it had oil pump problems. Checked it out and had 85psi. My problem is can't keep car running. It had a quarter tank when I had it towed home. I've changed fuel filter, cleaned mass air flow sensor, added heet, sea foam, and added more gas to try to over come the original gas in tank. Ran a little better but still cuts off 20-25 min. later and won't start back up for a while. Thought maybe adding some octane boost would help. It didn't. It also has rough idle and stalls when put in drive. Pulled codes up. P0190,P1150,P1151,P1152,P1131,P1132. I changed fuel rail sensor and didn't help. Is it really bad gas or fuel pump bad? ANY SOLUTIONS PLEASE??

• Sponsors (?)

Just bought a 2003 GT. Been sitting for roughly a year. Previous owner said it had oil pump problems. Checked it out and had 85psi. My problem is can't keep car running. It had a quarter tank when I had it towed home. I've changed fuel filter, cleaned mass air flow sensor, added heet, sea foam, and added more gas to try to over come the original gas in tank. Ran a little better but still cuts off 20-25 min. later and won't start back up for a while. Thought maybe adding some octane boost would help. It didn't. It also has rough idle and stalls when put in drive. Pulled codes up. P0190,P1150,P1151,P1152,P1131,P1132. I changed fuel rail sensor and didn't help. Is it really bad gas or fuel pump bad? ANY SOLUTIONS PLEASE??
Sounds like fuel pump on the way out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking now too, that or my fuel pressure regulator. I just changed the IAC, but the car won't crank now. So I'm going to change fuel pump this weekend. Thanks for replying. I went through this with a 95 GT, changed all electrical components and couldn't find the problem. So I sold it and found out it was also the fuel pump.

After setting for over year, this could be bad gas. After I bought a car that had been setting for years, the first thing I did was to drain the tank. Note it is possible to power the fuel pump from an external source to use the FP to drain the tank.

The gas was stale. In my case, I put a gallon in several of my and my neighbors cars. This was the best disposal method I could come up with that as "green".

This could also be clogged fuel injectors. Remember that the gas is inside the injectors and can dry up and gum up the injectors. I have had great luck with InjectorRX.com. Once cleaned and tested they are as good as new. Cheaper than new.

IMO it's short sighted to change the fuel pump before TESTING the fuel pump. IF the reason for the no start is fuel pump related, THEN this will show up as low fuel pressure.

There certain a TON more reason for a "crank with no start" that aren't a bad fuel pump.