Need Some Advise

joepeel94

Nov 3, 2015
I have a 65 coupe have a guy that is going to sell me a 5.0 302 f.i.e out of an 89 f150 I would be converting it back to carb but the engine runs guy wants $300 for it good deal or no? Would there be any complications since it's coming out of a truck and going into a mustang? If anyone could give me some advise it'd be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_150815.jpg
    IMG_20151013_150815.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not all that sure the guy I bought the car off of found it he said it runs great shouldn't even really have to rebuild it but I'm still thinking about it or at least cleaning it really throughly I'm not sure if you know about an 8.8 rear end but I don't think that'd just go right in would it I'd have to mod either the axle or the car wouldn't I?

Cheap enough ,it would at least be a builder . How many miles on it?

I'm not all that sure the guy I bought the car off of found it he said it runs great shouldn't even really have to rebuild it but I'm still thinking about it or at least cleaning it really throughly I'm not sure if you know about an 8.8 rear end but I don't think that'd just go right in would it I'd have to mod either the axle or the car wouldn't I?

I'm not positive either I have a friend at work that said it won't unless it or the car was moded because the 8.8 rear is wider but the guy that sold me the car is also helping me find parts he has a 8 inch rear for it which will go right in for $150 but it's just the rear and axle no spindles or anything