Progress Thread Need Some Advise

joepeel94

Nov 3, 2015
So I have a 65 mustang that still has the inline 6 in it I'm going to be upgrading and putting a 302 out of an 85 F-150 in it. I know I have to upgrade the suspension so I just decided it'd just be easier to get a kit so I ordered one. I get an email back asking what size engine but then he asks how thick the sway bar is in order to make the kit... this being my first restoration/mod I have no clue what size to tell him or what size to use any recommendations? Was a kit the right way to go I've heard mixed things on kits... here's the kit I got it looks like it has the majority of what I need for the front

Attachments

• 2016-06-06 19.59.49.png
    2016-06-06 19.59.49.png
    901.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)

So tell the guy a 1 inch sway bar? And I have a friend who has spindles I'll have to ask him what kind of car he said it was he says they'll work because I'm wanting to convert it to discs as well

Alright I told the guy I'm going to go with a 1 inch bar. Thank you man you have no idea how much this helps. I've never went this in depth with fixing up a car the farthest I've been is just fixing things here and there and I straightened the front end of my 1984 Toyota supra because it was wrecked but hopefully I don't annoy you to much with asking for advise in the future

Reactions: 1 user