need some help

Falke401

Jan 10, 2004
Hey. I have a v6 mustang and soon i am going to sell it and get a v8. I looked around but i cant find any info. i was wandering if there were any major problems with the 1996-1998 gt's. are there anything problems that i should keep an eye out for when looking for one? are the v8's still good when it comes to high miles?

• Sponsors (?)

Falke401 said:
Hey. I have a v6 mustang and soon i am going to sell it and get a v8. I looked around but i cant find any info. i was wandering if there were any major problems with the 1996-1998 gt's. are there anything problems that i should keep an eye out for when looking for one? are the v8's still good when it comes to high miles?

The 96-98 GT's have more restrictive heads which is a major hindrance in terms of power when you start modding it, and the intakes are known to crack but otherwise no... :nice:

I have a 96 and am pushing 94k miles. The only problem so far has been a bad carrier bearing (replaced when I put in new gears) and an altenator. No other problems and still running strong.

matsm21 said:
dont get the 5.0 in that body style. its even slower then the 4.6's. I have blown away many sn95 5.0's. I have 105K on a 97 and am doin great.

I'll second that...when I was looking to replace my 88 5.0, I test drove a 95 Cobra and it was slower than either my 88 or the 98 GT that I eventually bought. All three cars were stock too... :nice: