Need To Replace My Original 40 Series Flowmasters..with What?

My gt is running an o/r prochamber and original 40 series Flows welded into the stock catback. Well, those Flowmasters are starting to rot and the exhaust has gotten louder and generally worse sounding at idle.

Im not sure what mufflers or catback to get though. Id like something a little more quiet than these Original 40s. They sounded good when I was 18 but interior drone is starting to annoy me now.

Are the Super 40's any quieter inside and out? Maybe the Delta 40's? I may purchase a used SLP catback with regular Magnaflow mufflers in place of the SLPs. How would that sound with my o/r midpipe?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

From what I've heard, all flows drone like a beeatch. The super 40s are quieter than the originals, but aren't as bad about drone. If you want something that doesn't drone as much, a good replacement would be SLPs. The LM2s don't have any drone and are pretty tame until you get on it. I've got an o/r h with the LM2 catback and it's fairly quiet at idle and you can cruise around without waking your neighbors, but when you get on it the exhaust sounds real mean. It gets blatty around 3k rpms on a moderate pull, but with a prochamber, it should be pretty smooth. I've heard that the regular Magnaflows are that way as well: docile at idle, tame while cruising and a beast at WOT, though they may be quieter than the LM2s, especially with a prochamber. If you'll be buying the SLPs and the magnaflow mufflers to swap in, just try them both out and see which one fits the bill for you :nice:

I hope this helps answer your question