New car (pics) ya another fox

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
Rochester, NY
Well, as some of you may know I said I would never buy another fox well, after figuring out finances I dont need another loan so of course I turned to the fox. I bought this car from a friend who bought it in NJ and drove it back, it's a 1990 GT Bone stock, car even has stock muffler's it's extremely clean, I bought it to drive for the rest of the summer into fall then it's gonna be my Mod swap car. It is an Auto but I will live. The interior is near perfect black except for some wear on the driver's side seat, and some section of the dash someone cut out for whatever reason I have no clue. Here are a few pictures, I gave it a wash today it should be on the road in a couple weeks once my 18" black deep dish bullets arrive :D ordered them today. Oh and it had ford ovals where the 5.0 badges were hence the marks :notnice: oh and it has some weird ass ghetto locks which are coming off

View attachment 373847
View attachment 373849
6gx2wrb.jpg

6aqy9v8.jpg

View attachment 373855
67y63k4.jpg

Attachments

• 6gx2wrb.jpg
    6gx2wrb.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 6aqy9v8.jpg
    6aqy9v8.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 67y63k4.jpg
    67y63k4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

Depending on the stock catbacks condition, you may want to be careful, and do whatever necessary to remove it all in one piece. Many people simply cut the tails off. I think you can remove the quads/shocks, and get them out without cutting them. Stock 93 Cobra catbacks have gone for up to 1K. People will be restoring these cars shortly.

Nice car man. But your right those ghetto locks look terrible lol. That'd be amoung one of the first things i'd fix! Orignal paint? The engine bay looks alot duller then the exterior..

yeah the car has been painted, those locks will come off im just glad they arent black and more noticable. 25th after seeing your car I decided to go with bullit's wasnt sure if I wanted Anthracite or Black but decided on black.

I have been looking on an off for a solid clean fox for a term swap and latley all I have seen has been junk, these car's are starting to hold some value Hold on to your fox :)

The locks are bad, but can be replaced. The engine bay could be cleaned up, some polishing compound and I bet it comes out nice, lots of work tho. The DD Bullits are a great choice, they dont fit perfect, but with a little work I will have them fitting in there great!

I do remember when you said you would never get another fox and I remember thinking how it was a load of poop. Knowing the cars you have had in the past and the work you put into them, it was clear to me that you loved it and would be back. It's a disease...once a fox bites you, you are hooked for life. No other car can match the feeling of a fox...some may be better cars some may be worse...but the feeling of sliding in behind the wheel of a fox after being out of one for awhile just feels right...fits like a glove...and you wonder why you ever left

so true quick91, when I test drove it I was like this just feels right,

Ryan I paid $3500, which I felt was a fair price, the day before I looked at a notch with Holes in the fender's a rusty trunk lid, more miles, gray interior, and a smashed windsheild for 3400 granted it was a notch, these cars seem to be holding some value.

-Rob

looks about like mine when i picker her up last year, i even paid the same:
Newstang010.jpg

looks like yours might be a bit nicer though, mine had some decent hail damage when i got it.

Attachments

• Newstang010.jpg
    Newstang010.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 65
I agree...

If thats not what you want, find the right springs and go with some weight jacker LCAs with the adjustable spring perch.

Heres my stance with DD Bullitts and Saleen Springs all around.

And before anyone says it, yes the pass side molding was falling off. It is actually in the kitchen right now, going to get prepped better and reinstalled.

DSCF4566.JPG

IMG_18.jpg