New Connecting Rods 289

lars nielsen

Sep 4, 2014
Hi guy`s

I am renovating my 289, the part i having trouble too find is the connecting rods, i need new, summit has some but the are first on stock in october, an because of som rules i denmark my car shout too government inspection latest the 15 october otherwise i get i fine on 350 dollers evry to weeks, i can avoid the fine but it much easier an cheaper too clear the gouverment inspection now an i can used the car on public road , are the any one of you guy`s ore woman`s there now any place where the has connecting rods too a 289 whit press fit pin an the will ship international

• Sponsors (?)

the old one is need too bee machined, but there i only a few machine shop there can due it, an the are not dealing whit private people, i denmark auto parts dealer and machine shops are only dealing whit companeys, there is only a couple of companeys there whout sell too private people, an the doo not deal whit machine shop, my best alternativ is ship the old ones too sweden where it`s are like in the us. because of that an the salary it:s much cheaper too buy new one from us, i got new heads an crankshaft alsow from us , the crankshaft whas 270 dollers cheaper than getting my old one fix true a mechanic in denmark

i believe PAW is selling on ebay these days, check them out. they usually have a stock pile of rods for a variety of engines, including the 289. last time i looked they ran something like $12 each rebuilt.

thanks i will look afther them, else it will bee the crower from summit, it seams that they can ship it the 09/19 now

hello;

there is a mustang club in denmark and there is a big shop that works on them. i would contact the club and ask for the shops name. he may be able to machine them.

http://www.mustangklubben.dk/

its possible the new ones you buy may not be perfectly sized also.

Last edited:
i now there is ann Club in denmark, but the dealer they referes too, i dont want too buy anything from, has my reasons too that, my local us car Club where i am menber there is there not any menbers there want too deal whit him. an we are 70 cars but its most Chevy Guys.

i now there is ann Club in denmark, but the dealer they referes too, i dont want too buy anything from, has my reasons too that, my local us car Club where i am menber there is there not any menbers there want too deal whit him. an we are 70 cars but its most Chevy Guys.

what is the name of the shop they referred you to.

there is a car dealer named american dream cars. i think his name is carl. he is a crook.

there is another repair shop owned by someone else. there is a person in the club named jacob and he has a turquoise 67 fastback i sold him. he knows the shops name if you ever need anything. there is also a guy with a red 1968 427 corvette convertible that knows the shop.

i sold cars to the owner of the shop and never had a problem.