New Edge W/ Slp Lm1 And Pypes O/r H Pipe

ATKennedy

Apr 3, 2016
Hey guys, completely new to the forum, but I currently have a 2000 mustang gt with stock manifolds, stock midpipe, and the SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust. I like the general sound of the car, but it seems a bit quiet for me. So, I'm thinking of replacing the stock h pipe with the pypes offroad h pipe (with mil eliminators). Do any of you have this setup or know someone who has the setup? I know a guy with a 96 gt with this setup, but I'm not sure if mine would sound exactly the same. Also, I've been told that it'd be pretty tricky to swap the pipes on jackstands, so do I definitely need a lift? Any installation tips, etc would be appreciated. Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

It can be done on jack stands... Personally, I think LM1's sound like crap, and will sound even worse with an o/r h... Unless of course you like the sound of gun fire with no tone at all. If your adamant about keeping the slp's, I would suggest a catted chambered mid pipe... Bbk's x-pipe or a pro-chamber to give it some tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 2001 GT with SLP LM1's with SLP o/r x pipe and it was crazy loud. I liked the sound though. It was really raspy. I did mine on just normal car ramps. It was a little tight but we could get it done

It can be done on jack stands... Personally, I think LM1's sound like crap, and will sound even worse with an o/r h... Unless of course you like the sound of gun fire with no tone at all. If your adamant about keeping the slp's, I would suggest a catted chambered mid pipe... Bbk's x-pipe or a pro-chamber to give it some tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more....
On my 2000 I have a cat back Borla set up with an X pipe.. It's not super loud at idle but it does sound good especially when I'm in the throttle and it turns heads