New Fibreglass Hood

Sturdyp

Mar 30, 2015
Good afternoon everyone. I live in the UK and own a 2007 v6. Unfortunately the paint on the hood is starting to bubble and peel. I had it resprayed when I first brought the car but it's doing it again. Bloody English weather. The garage I use suggest a fibreglass hood (don't want carbon as I want to keep the vista blue with white stripes) as apparently it's a common fault with this age mustang. I really like the look of the gt500 or gt s v3 hood and it's in my price range. Problem is all the different types frp, trufibre, duraflex etc. I've read some not very good reports about each type (i.e. waves, cracking paint, not fitting very well etc) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. My problem is I can't inspect the hood until it's over here by which time it will be too late. And the cost of shipping to the UK isn't cheap.
Please, please, please help
Julie

• Sponsors (?)

Good afternoon everyone. I live in the UK and own a 2007 v6. Unfortunately the paint on the hood is starting to bubble and peel. I had it resprayed when I first brought the car but it's doing it again. Bloody English weather. The garage I use suggest a fibreglass hood (don't want carbon as I want to keep the vista blue with white stripes) as apparently it's a common fault with this age mustang. I really like the look of the gt500 or gt s v3 hood and it's in my price range. Problem is all the different types frp, trufibre, duraflex etc. I've read some not very good reports about each type (i.e. waves, cracking paint, not fitting very well etc) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. My problem is I can't inspect the hood until it's over here by which time it will be too late. And the cost of shipping to the UK isn't cheap.
Julie
Can't you just have REPUTABLE shop repaint the one you already have, weather is weather, if you wax it twice a year and wash it whenever your car gets dirty, I believe you'll be alright

Julie

Hi. Had it resprayed already 3 years ago and the problems back. Cost me nearly £500 then. It's a fault with the seal between the 2 skins of the hood so problem will keep coming back. Bummer
Julie