New Guy From California (los Angeles Area)

welltal89

Jul 15, 2014
Hi all!

I just picked up an automatic 91 Mustang LX with the 5.0 and I've gotten my hands quite dirty working on it. I just finished replacing the Power Steering pressure and return line and I've gotta say, when I was doing google searches for help, this site popped up frequently. That's why I'm a member, so hopefully I can help someone else out who has been in my shoes. I haven't driven "red fury" yet because it has transmission and cooling issues (I picked up the car for what I thought was dirt cheap.)

As of now, I'm finding that I might have to do a head gasket job and find out what it takes to do a T5 swap...Not a fan of automatics.

Anyways, good to be here, I've always thought that Ford guys are really nice people, and hope to meet some of them here!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet! It's always a pleasure to see a new member and especially with a new Stang!

If you get a chance, post some pictures of your new car in the 79-95 forums, the guys and gals there just love to see new members rides!
Here is a link to help get you to the right place.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/forums/1979-1995-fox-sn95-0-2-3l-general-talk.47/

You will certainly find a wealth of knowledge in the fox body section. If you have any questions at all please ask! Try using the search function on the site as well to find some very comprehensive write ups for the head gasket repair and for the T5 swap. @jrichker can be your biggest resource here. He has covered in detail almost every aspect of foxbody repair.

Congrats again!

-Nick