New Guy With A V6

Mark_LB

Aug 30, 2016
Hey all, I'm Mark from Lebanon, I just got this bone stock 2001 V6 with relatively low mileage. Car is pretty clean and in great overall shape. Any suggestion where to start with my engine mod? or link me to a previous thread?
As for the looks I'll replace the stock wheels with some chrome sve's as a first step.
Here's a few pics:

olxlb_1599653_3_644x461.jpg olxlb_1599653_4_644x461.jpg olxlb_1599653_2_644x461.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the page. Nice color for your Mustang. I dont know much about the V6 Mustangs for performance. Guess you could get a handheld tuner from American Muscle along with an exhaust and cold air intake to get some extra hp.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the page. Nice color for your Mustang. I dont know much about the V6 Mustangs for performance. Guess you could get a handheld tuner from American Muscle along with an exhaust and cold air intake to get some extra hp.

Thanks, yeah for the exhaust I'll be getting a v6 (H) midpipe, and a Pypes true dual w/ M-80 mufflers. I was thinking longtube headers but not sure about the gains here.

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah for the exhaust I'll be getting a v6 (H) midpipe, and a Pypes true dual w/ M-80 mufflers. I was thinking longtube headers but not sure about the gains here.

Long tubes I believe will help your top end and trade off torque in the low end. I honestly don't know if they make long tubes for the V6 of this generation. I remember reading a really cool turbo build in one of my old Mustang Magazines though. I think the guy was putting down 350 hp with the turbo. Not to bad for a sixer in my opinion. Honestly if I was you I would save my money and look for a V8 if you are looking for more power. 1999-04 GT's are hitting really low resale values. for $5,000 you can pick up a really clean GT. Of course you could spend a little bit on the V6 and get some nice rims and intake and exhaust. Just depends how much you like the car but I vote you save for the GT.