New Here. Slowly Bringing One Back From The Brink.

94pushrodvert

Aug 16, 2014
Bought (ok, traded a boat for) a 1994 GT convertible about a year ago. It's always run okay, but was UGLY when I got it. Interior seats were rotten, ripped up, nothing worked. Windows were stuck, top didnt go up or down, and it had some rust. Speedo still doesnt work, etc...

Before and now pics...
before-front.jpg
Front view, rust over the windshield was bad, the windows were wedged with wood to stay up, and the top wouldn't go down.
before-back.jpg
Clear Coat was gone on the trunk, and plastic had turned a sickly pink around the top

wheels-side.jpg
First thing I did was get rid of those god-awful rims and tires. It made a huge difference riding down the road, and looked better too.

seats.jpg
Got rid of the torn seats, sourced a newly re-done set of front and rear seats in a totaled 98 vert.

after-windows-topup.jpg
Now, the windows go up and down, put in new motors on all four of them, and the top got a new motor, it works well too. No leaks even through a car wash.

after-windows-side.jpg
after-windows-front.jpg
after-windows-rear.jpg
Had a friend of mine sand and paint the trunk and area above the windshield. No more rust, and the paint looks pretty good.

It's not a show car, but it's a decent driver. Every once in a while I need to go out and hear a v8, put the top down and relax a little. It fills the need. I still have a lot to do, i could use some new door panels, a new instrument cluster, the transmission acts a little funny sometimes, and theres a ding on the front of the hood. (I have yet to see an aftermarket hood for these that I really like the cowl hood is too high imho, and the scoops dont look right either. I haven't seen many stripes I like on the sn95 either... but i do like the two-tone paint.

If anyone is looking to unload a 150mph cluster from a 94-95 im looking. Also need a hood.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)