New Mach 1 Member

• Sponsors (?)

Hey brother, welcome to stangnet.

I'm going to move your thread to the '95-'04 general talk subforum. Lots of people to help you out there.

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to the forum. I got a mach 1 in February. Put longtubes and an off road pipe on and made over 300 to the wheel without any other power mods. Got a few extra ponies out of the tune. End result 312/326.

Steeda Triax and mgw are the best. Mgw is the better of the two in my opinion but I've had both and they both work well.

Highly recommend full length sub frame connectors. They firm up the car, help prevent body twist and help with traction.

Hay man welcome, just remember what ever stock you take off you may want to keep, there is "TALK" that Ford may come out with a 2018 Mach1. If that becomes true, the 2nd generation Mach1 that we have value may come up depending the conditions and mileage of course. I have modded out my car a little too. I took off the 17/245 Eagles and put on 17/275 front and 17/315 rear using a nitto 555 on black saleen rims. I kept the heritage rims that came with the car, being that they are a stock collector item. Put in a stage 2 Exceedy Clutch and Ford Racing Billet fly wheel. Now I did not keep the stock clutch and flywheel because they are ware and tear items. I put on a SLP catback exhaust and well had to get rid of the old one being you have to cut up to take out. Changed out my antenna for the short 8" antenna and still have the long McWhip antenna in storage. I put in a K&N drop air filter in the stock air intake housing and took off the snorkel, I recommend you de-snorkel your car it will breath better and get a little horse and torque, but once again you man want to keep the snorkel. Last but not least the speakers are good but the radio unit is not and will eventually fail on you. Recommend that you do not use the cd player that much or not at all. That is the item that goes, for these vehicle. Or you can put in a new radio and take out the old radio before it goes bad if get into preserving the stock items. I put in a touch screen pioneer radio head unit and it sounds great. I put in Exceedy sportline (red) lowering springs and dropped my car 2" all the way around. The ride is rough but it corners like it is on rails. My future mods will be 4.10 rear gears, upgraded anti-sway bars front and rears, bbk catted h-pipe, bbk longtube headers, better subframe connectors, upgraded control arms and last but not least a good tune. What ever I can keep that is stock I will keep but the stuff that is wear and tear I will let it go. This car is very fun and you will have a blast, just remember to check your oil every 2 weeks, these modular engines burns oil naturally. If you have to refill with oil every time you fuel up something is wrong but if you have to add a quart here and there ( 2000/3000 miles or 4/5 months) depending how much you drive it then it is normal.

The MGW is an awesome shifter. I had one on my Mach until I ditched the 3650 for a T56 Magnum. If I had it to do all over again, I would have got myself a regular T56 and had it built by a good trans shop instead. I have tried 3 different shifters on the Magnum (including the one it came with which SUCKED) and I still miss my MGW.

Yeah I hear you about the shakers, love it when I WOT my Mach1 and see the shaker shake and twist. Unfortunately "supposedly" some of the videos and pictures that leaked out of the new Mach1 or Boss for 2018 had no shaker on its hood. If it is a Mach1 what design are they going leave on that is a legacy design other than the Mach1 badging and stripes. If you look at the first Mach1 and 03/04 Mach1 even the badging is different, ours is printed on tape and taped to the side of the car, however the early Mach1 has Metal letters of Mach1 glued on. Even the engine back than had more horse and torque than the engines for 03/04. If they do make a 2018 Mach1 it has no choice but to be more bad @$$ than both predecessor in design and performance.

Considering you could get a Mach 1 in 70 with a 428 SCJ big block, I hope they had more power than our tiny little 4.6L motors =)

The Mach 1 in actuality was a replacement for the GT but they had the cross over years. Unfortunately, the 71-73 Mustangs were kinda huge/boats so the Mach 1s from those years weren't quite as badass as the earlier lighter ones. That and all the smog restrictions =(

Part of the reason I got 4.30s was because the 69 and 70 super cobra jet package had 4.30s.
But I hear you about the shaker on the new generation. They probably wouldn't. They could put something similar to the scoop on the 69 70 models. The shaker was cooler but the scoop had an aggressive look. Maybe they could go the dual snorkels of the 71 to 73 machs.
If they do make a new mach and it's just a decal job, color me disappointed. I say give it a street/strip oriented suspension, pack on 40 extra naturally aspirated horses and make the hood functionally inductive.

Reactions: 1 user
Hay man welcome, just remember what ever stock you take off you may want to keep, there is "TALK" that Ford may come out with a 2018 Mach1. If that becomes true, the 2nd generation Mach1 that we have value may come up depending the conditions and mileage of course. I have modded out my car a little too. I took off the 17/245 Eagles and put on 17/275 front and 17/315 rear using a nitto 555 on black saleen rims. I kept the heritage rims that came with the car, being that they are a stock collector item. Put in a stage 2 Exceedy Clutch and Ford Racing Billet fly wheel. Now I did not keep the stock clutch and flywheel because they are ware and tear items. I put on a SLP catback exhaust and well had to get rid of the old one being you have to cut up to take out. Changed out my antenna for the short 8" antenna and still have the long McWhip antenna in storage. I put in a K&N drop air filter in the stock air intake housing and took off the snorkel, I recommend you de-snorkel your car it will breath better and get a little horse and torque, but once again you man want to keep the snorkel. Last but not least the speakers are good but the radio unit is not and will eventually fail on you. Recommend that you do not use the cd player that much or not at all. That is the item that goes, for these vehicle. Or you can put in a new radio and take out the old radio before it goes bad if get into preserving the stock items. I put in a touch screen pioneer radio head unit and it sounds great. I put in Exceedy sportline (red) lowering springs and dropped my car 2" all the way around. The ride is rough but it corners like it is on rails. My future mods will be 4.10 rear gears, upgraded anti-sway bars front and rears, bbk catted h-pipe, bbk longtube headers, better subframe connectors, upgraded control arms and last but not least a good tune. What ever I can keep that is stock I will keep but the stuff that is wear and tear I will let it go. This car is very fun and you will have a blast, just remember to check your oil every 2 weeks, these modular engines burns oil naturally. If you have to refill with oil every time you fuel up something is wrong but if you have to add a quart here and there ( 2000/3000 miles or 4/5 months) depending how much you drive it then it is normal.
Thanx for the tips....yes I heard about the 2018 Mach-1....engineers have to come up with something.....and love the stereo but when time comes will also replace with pioneer.....other than that...it already has JTL cold air & will probably just install MGW short throw & call it good

Thanx for the tips....yes I heard about the 2018 Mach-1....engineers have to come up with something.....and love the stereo but when time comes will also replace with pioneer.....other than that...it already has JTL cold air & will probably just install MGW short throw & call it good

Hay man no problem on the tips, I hope they make 2018 MACH1 with a shaker as well. I got a double din Pioneer radio unit all touch screen with a microphone, so that you can take calls and text hands free. How is that JTL cold air working for you. I am on the fence for K&N and JTL, everyone swears by K&N and only a few people have JTL. Do you really feel the horse power and torque gains (experts say anything over 10 hp/tq you can feel it) or you only hear the air rushing into your intake. I have stock plumbing for the air intake and de-snorkeled my airbox and put in a drop in K&N air filter. That day I made a change I felt the difference, in fact as soon as de-snorkeled my box and turned on my car, the engine made click noise. The guy who showed me how to do it, said that is your engine reconfiguring to the extra air that has been freed. Well I feel a difference again by changing the stock air intake tubing or the biggest difference I am going to fell is when I de-snorkeled my airbox. I want to change my shift to short shifter as well and I am on the fence between HURST and MGW. Once again heard good about both, but I am still researching for what works good for my T3650. Yeah sometimes it is notchy when it is cold or I am not going fast enough to be in the next gear or going to fast in the lower gear when I should have shifted 1 or 2 rpms less ago. There is some days when the temp is right and the road is open and I am shifting like a hot knife threw butter. Will the short shifter fix the notchy feeling, make no difference or just make it worse when it starts to notch up. I know I am getting off subject but since someone brought up the MGW shifter and air intake thought I may ask for some friendly opinions thanks in advance.