New Member Form Socal

Hey everyone, just joined and I thought I'd introduce myself in this section because I have a 1966 coupe w/ a 289 and C4 I've owned it for 21 years. The car came from the factory with a/c, p/s, p/b, deluxe pony interior, vinyl top and I believe that it was built in California. Anyways, I know everything about the car and it's pretty much restored so I really don't need much help in that area. However, the original 289 is very tired and I'm planning on doing a 5.0L EFI swap from a 1999 Explorer. I've been doing alot of homework on the subject and I pretty much know what's involved. However, I seem to be finding more info when the donor vehicle is a Mustang but not much info when the vehicle is an Explorer. I'm planning on using the C4 that's currently in the car and later on the future I may do the AOD swap. I'm having trouble finding out whether or not the C4 can be used and if so, what's involved to make it work. Also, I read something about the fact that the Mustang 5.0L and the Explorer 5.0L are balanced differently. I'd like to know how this effects me. Any info would be great. I already know that I need to add a distributor to the Explorer motor and also upgrade the valve springs in order to use a bigger cam.
Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)