New Member ... Old Guy

JOHN L BARRY

Jan 18, 2016
I have a 2013 white GT and am sick of hearing the driveshaft knock and was wondering if anyone knew of a one piece driveshaft that would bolt right in, something from an earlier model stang maybe. Has anyone else replaced there driveshaft with a older used one from another model ford.
thanks
John

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about finding a driveshaft from an older Ford model that will fit , however there are a few one piece driveshafts available from the aftermarket as well as Ford Racing (which is a re-branded aftermarket D.S.)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-driveshafts-1112.html
Any one of them should eliminate the slop in the drive-line plus they are significantly lighter then the stock two piece shaft so they will give you a noticeable increase in performance. Keep in mind that with a one piece D.S. pinion angle becomes more critical so if your car is lowered adjustable rear control arms may be needed to get the proper pinion angle . Hope this helps.

thanks a lot Svtpilot, it helped.. Am I the only one that suffers with that noise that resembles a worn universal about to break? Is there a way to eliminate it other than going with a one-piece shaft?

There are a few manufacturers of aftermarket one piece driveshafts. I do recommend Steeda at this point, they has a slight tapper would be a way to describe it at the pinion end that allows for lowering of the vehicle, a few of the other brands will scrape.