New Pa Performance Alternator Overcharging

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought the car. A week into driving I go to my car and nothing no power. Take the battery out to have it charged and run some tests at my job and I accidently tip it over and its dripping everywhere. I will replace the battery and see what happens. The pulley from the old alternator is the same size as the new pa perfoance one. I do have under drive pulleys on it crank and water pump.

I just bought the car. A week into driving I go to my car and nothing no power. Take the battery out to have it charged and run some tests at my job and I accidently tip it over and its dripping everywhere. I will replace the battery and see what happens. The pulley from the old alternator is the same size as the new pa perfoance one. I do have under drive pulleys on it crank and water pump.

If you don't know how to test the alternator yourself- very easy to do- take it off the car and bring it to Autozone and they will test it for free. Have them do at least 3 runs.

PA is a pretty reputable company so unless it is old or they sent you the wrong unit, I would doubt the alternator is causing the issue. I would be suspicious of the battery. I usually have to replace mine every two years or so due to the heat here. They don't last like they used to.

I haven't been able to test it since I had no power at all wen I tried to turn my car on. Once I put a batteryin I will run some tests
If you haven't been able to test it then how do you know its overcharging? Testing it takes all of 15 seconds. Heck unbolt the alternator and take it to any parts store, most test alternators and starters for free