New Project, Feedback Wanted On Engine Swap

• Sponsors (?)

This^

Sure... work the color into the scheme somehow but intentionally creating a pink truck? One that would be referred to as pink? :nonono:

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head over that.. But keep in mind, it was 1992. Noobz, I think you're around the same age as me.. Do you remember 1992 (or the late 80's) and all of the dumb crap that went on with color back then?? People running around in purple, Lime green and pink mini trucks? Men wearing pink clothes? Somewhere in this time frame the big3 started following these trends, because the aftermarket wheel biz was exploding too.. and you began seeing "alloy wheels" and stupid colors on pickup trucks.. I.e.: this one for instance..

That's the beauty of being smarter now than we were then. Kids today aren't smart enough to look at something and think, "Man, was that stupid". They're no different than we were. LOL

But now we have the technology to preserve this specific color and work it into something that when you first look at it..... It's not pink. :D

That's the beauty of being smarter now than we were then. Kids today aren't smart enough to look at something and think, "Man, was that stupid". They're no different than we were. LOL

But now we have the technology to preserve this specific color and work it into something that when you first look at it..... It's not pink. :D

I don't know, man. I got a great deal on a '98 xcab f150 once that was two tone blue with silver along the bottom and from the factory it had pin stripe tape breaking the colors. What color pin stripe? PINK. From the factory. On a blue truck. I peeled it off but the paint line was so uneven I had to go buy more tape. This time a nice charcoal color... So I think integrating pink in is out, too. It really sucked on that blue truck. I don't know why they did that.

I saw the exact truck at Autozone yesterday. It was same color and everything. It even had that big azz spoiler extending off the cab over the bed.

I change my vote to um, not sure but faded pink is kinda odd, but I do get the memory lane thing too.

A friend of mine suggested red paint of some sort, as it would probably lend itself to covering pink better than other colors. I'm kinda thinking redfire..

Meet Ron Burgundy. 5.3 Tahoe engine swap with a Borg Warner turbo pushing 15 pounds of boost freak nasty!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1444871071358.jpg
    FB_IMG_1444871071358.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 97
The car makes 700+hp at the business end of the Mickey Thompsons on 15 pounds of boost it's a completely stock engine other than an off-the-shelf stage 3 turbo cam and the Borg Warner turbo from tick performance this is one of Ticks shop cars owned by my cousin.

Yeah. They are cool, however I have a 351w that is destined to become a 6.5-7.0 liter for that truck. If I do an ls swap it'll either go into a miata or an rx7

My son objected highly to doing that with the truck. Hell end up with it eventually. His p.o.v:

2015-10-14-20-34-05.png

Reactions: 4 users