New Shortblock

justinakajuice

Jan 20, 2015
Unfortunately, the ticking I was hearing was the replacement kind of ticking vice the exhaust leak I was hoping for. I will get her back in about two weeks. Might have to trade her in for the 350!

Ford Service has been 100% thusfar. (Ted Britt Ford plug!)

• Sponsors (?)

I had what sounded like an exhaust leak. The power and overall drivability eventually got a little worse. I looked up to see if anyone else had anything similar going on and I found another guy that had something similar that happened. I went to the dealer the next day and had them check it out. Turns out it was coming from inside the engine, so they had to order a new short block. They say it will take 5 days to get the engine and another 5 days or so to swap it out. Also, having them check the throwout bearing while they have the engine out. I honestly don't know what it was, but I will let everyone know when I get it back. The dealer gave me a loaner (Focus) until my car's done. No issues with the dealer whatsoever; they are taking great care of me. They mentioned that they had another GT in a month ago that had the same issue.

So if it sounds like you have an exhaust leak, bring it by the dealer!

Well that just stinks... I would be throwing a fit if the dealer thought for a second that they would be replacing the motor in my brand new car, especially after the experience I've recently had with my F250 and the dealer removing the cab.
You seem to be pretty ok with this?

Yeah. I mean, you should give them a chance to make it right. From what I have read, there seems to be a manufacturers defect or maybe a rookie on the assembly line. If this was a GT350, I would raise holy hell about them making my car a non-numbers matching vehicle with 7k miles on it. I think this car is awesome, but it won't be a family heirloom. When the 7th gen Mustang comes out, this one is likely going back to the farm.

Plus, I AM getting a free oil change! =P

Well as long as they throw in the free oil change lol
Seriously though, I have yet to see a new car be 100% after low mileage major dealer repairs. My truck and my brother-in-law's truck both have had major issues that have haunted us for years and years after the dealer has made big repairs with low miles. Maybe I have a sour taste in my mouth? I'm hoping that this all works out well for you!!

I had a ford f-150 engine replaced once with a.ford reman long block and that motor was as if not more smooth and powerful than the original. The final assembly is the critical part. But what choice does he have? They're not going to replace the car.

Thanks, Rob. Getting mad about it won't help so I just let the dealership do what they do. They have a lifetime powertrain warranty so I am covered. Looks like I probably won't be installing any power adders.

Sounds like their trouble shooting skills are weak. If they thought it was short block they should have disassembled it to find faulty part not just swapped and preyed... Good luck sir.