New To The Community

mrobins26

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
Finally joined to get tips and tricks on my '89 LX fox body restoration project.
I drove it off the dealer lot back in '89 and finally have some disposable income to get my all original never been modified or wrecked car back into tip-top shape.

Davedacarpainter I most definitely will be consulting you and your previous posts in the future once I get to the point of dealing with highly oxidized paint.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet brother.

Come on over to the '79-'95 subforums. When you get after it, start a new thread showing us your progress, it really helps everybody to see someone working on their mustang.

Let's see some pictures too. We are picture whores here, we'll admit to it.

PM me any time you need help or post on my paint thread with your questions. I'm more than glad to help out.

Glad you joined, look forward to seeing your car.

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the recent before and after... So far just spark plugs, injectors, injector rail, throttle body rebuild (gasket was leaking coolant into the intake), PCV, Vacuum hoses, ball joints, bearings, brakes, struts, coil mount bushings, and ignition switch. (bead blasting or stripping and refinishing as I go) Note the TBI studs, those were especially hard to find, the old ones were almost rusted through.
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG
and refinishing stuff as I go)

Reactions: 4 users
Some of the recent before and after... So far just spark plugs, injectors, injector rail, throttle body rebuild (gasket was leaking coolant into the intake), PCV, Vacuum hoses, ball joints, bearings, brakes, struts, coil mount bushings, and ignition switch. (bead blasting or stripping and refinishing as I go) Note the TBI studs, those were especially hard to find, the old ones were almost rusted through.
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG
and refinishing stuff as I go)
Good job brother!:nice: It all looks real nice.

Let me move your thread over to the Fox section. The guys there will really appreciate what you've done to your car.

How did you get your car to stand on the rear bumper like that?
Serious, welcome aboard, original owner, lucky dog.
If you really want to impress some of us post picks of beer with really long names, like chocka mooka lattay pumpkin flavored ale.
:runaway:

Wow. What product did you use for those wheels?

I'm a sucker for clean backsides of rims.

A lot of the crud was embedded into the original clear coat or lacquer coat from factory... And you can see how ugly the front side with the yellow chipping lacquer was. I tried just cleaning them with no luck... So tried a few different products in a inconspicuous area... The best was Duplicolor Automotive paint stripper ST-1000 or something (others also worked, but some evaporated too quickly requiring multiple applications to achieve the same, plus the duplicolor was half the price of the others that didn't work as well) Once stripped, I used Eagle one etching mag wheel cleaner. An application only takes 30-60 seconds. Both products are pretty nasty on the skin. Where gloves and eye protection. Then VHT wheel clear coat spray.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you get your car to stand on the rear bumper like that?
Serious, welcome aboard, original owner, lucky dog.
If you really want to impress some of us post picks of beer with really long names, like chocka mooka lattay pumpkin flavored ale.
:runaway:

Hah, maybe you can help me with that... the pictures were right side up on computer, but switched orientation when uploading?

Hah, maybe you can help me with that... the pictures were right side up on computer, but switched orientation when uploading?

There are a couple of things you can do to fix the problem:

Replace your camera app

You could use an alternative camera app, like Camera+, instead of the iPhone’s built-in one. These apps tend to fix the pictures for you regardless of how you hold the phone. You'll just need to remember to use the alternate app when taking pictures.

Are you holding it wrong?

If you’re willing to hold your phone a certain way when you take pictures, then they will show up correctly. See the picture below. The phone’s round ‘home’ button is on the right side. This is the only way the iPhone knows how to take pictures without the rotation problem.

iphone-horizontal-png.572807.png

(If the home button is on the left, the picture will be upside down. This is a common trap when people press one of the volume buttons to take the picture.)

Now, look at the picture below. This is a very natural way that many people hold the phone when taking a picture, right?

iphone-vertical-png.572808.png

Unfortunately, if you hold it this way, the receiver of the picture will get it sideways. There’s that neck crooking again!

But, what if you really want the picture to be portrait instead of landscape? Then, you’ll need to use an alternate camera app or grab Rotate Mailer from the app store, so you can email those tall portrait shots the right way.

I should probably make this a sticky. :rolleyes: