New V8 Mule Spotted

Hey folks, first post but a goodie:

Spotted a Mustang powertrain mule today on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica -- Ford does a ton of testing around here as it's close to fabulous Malibu canyons, LA's famous stop-and-go, Sunset Blvd's cruising, etc.

While the rear appears to be a standard mk1/2009, the front end used modified 2010 bodywork with additional venting in the middle of the hood and what appeared to be a slightly different front valance.

What can't be seen is the rumble -- Far deeper, far louder than a standard GT. While it's possible that it's a powertrain mule for a Shelby or mid-range "Boss" variant, the standard GT brakes would lead me to believe it's 2011's new V8.

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Sponsors (?)

Is there a "This thread is worthless without sound" Thingy??

Kidding...soon enough we will all hear those things roaring around.

Chris

I totally get your jest but if you look closely, you'll see this sits a bit lower and has body-colored rockers. No saying if this will make production (given the 09 rear) but given that they're covering the front end, you know it'll have a different look to the brand-new design.

I think that's news.

In any case, I'll post more when I see it again -- I can't imagine I won't catch another given Ford's habit of testing near my house.