New wax I've added to my collection...

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Take a look...Its called ColorCure Car Polish by Turtle Wax, I did one side for comparison purposes...for 10 bucks (after taxes) i think its worth it :nice:

(note: i didnt do the license plate inlay on the right hand side, dont know why..im gunna finish her up tomorrow :banana:)

fbfsBVFV.jpg

Attachments

• fbfsBVFV.jpg
    fbfsBVFV.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Sponsors (?)

mustangcam said:
are those chips in the paint on the left side or debri, cuz there are a million tiny chips in my front bumper and they drive me nuts so i might have to go grab some.

chips, with dried wax in them i assume, ill see if its dried wax tomorrow, ill take some dawn to the untouched side and see what happens

have u tried it urself? cuz i noticed every set of pics, the after photos were taken much differently than the before ones...i can take pictures of my car and mask the imperfections by manipulating light

anywho, i just went outside, the side that i did dried white, its only marginally better, i think im gunna attack it with dawn and see if i can get the white out

Well, I used it today and it worked great. Not perfect on the bumper, but I had a few chips here and there and they look pretty good. I'll go out and check it in the morning to see if it still looks good. I ended up looking alot like a smurf by the time I was done, though. :p

Hotwad02GT said:
Is the turtle wax stuff your using one of those colored polishes? Does it come in black?

yes and yes, but im not so sure on the quality of the wax just yet, i was gunna strip my bumper of all my wax today to see if i can get the white off being that it came through but i ran out of time

Well, it's been over a week and the car still looks great, even after a rainstorm (was thinking I might have a blue puddle under the car afterwards). This actually sucks for me, because the car looked so good after the polish that I finally got around to ordering the touch-up paint and clearcoat for the chips, but now I can't see where they are, so I'm waiting for the car to look like crap again so I can fix it for real...

I use the Turtle Wax Color Cure stuff all the time. It does wear off eventaully but it works GREAT :nice:

I do not use the little lipstick tube of wax though, found it to be kinda useless...