New Wheels (Finnaly) pic

Harndog

May 28, 2007
Well I ordered the wheels for my 67 coupe finnaly. Aftr much debate I Decided on the Foose Nitrous II in a staggerd 17-9 17-7 combo. The local tire shop is going to try some different tire combo for me but I really want to use 275 for the rear and a 215 for the front. The car has a 9" with drums and disc front with stock spindles. it has 620 in the front and Grab-a track 5 leaf mids in the rear. Here is a pic.
nitrousII_enlarged.jpg

Anyone have these on an older stang feel free to share pics

Attachments

• nitrousII_enlarged.jpg
    nitrousII_enlarged.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

280 a wheel and the front is 4 inches but my car is non power steering so I was thinking the smaller foot print will make it a little easier to turn in the parking lot. I will get them next week and we shall see how they look. the tire shop is going to work with me on the tires size we will try what i want and use what fits lol

Already been looking lol. I am not sure if I have granada spindles or original mustang . is there a difference? What would be a good size to get? Also it is non power brake att I can stop it pretty easy but not sure about my wife who may drive it on occasion.

Any rotor size under 13 inches looks like Honduh brakes inside 17 inch rims. Just my opinion of course.

Depending on caliper design some 13" rotors wont work with some 17" rims though. I went with FoMoCo parts on both for my car just to know they'd clear each other (17" Bullitts and 13" Cobra/PBRs). A buddy of mine got a set of Roush brakes for his 2005, they would not clear his 20" rims, he had to get Roush 19' wheels to fit...weird huh?

Get 18" rims and you shouldn't have any issues :D

Wheels where in today. These things are REALLY nice. The Polish goes from lip to lip even behind the spokes. I did not get to test fit them yet but will first thing Monday Morning. Will post pics then.

Update

This is what she looked like before the wheels

stangbefore.jpg

After

sideofcarwithnewwheels.jpg

[
side.jpg

rear.jpg

And just a shot of the engine. Still a lot of work to do but we are getting there. Pardon the dust:)

engine.jpg

Attachments

• stangbefore.jpg
    stangbefore.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 59
  • sideofcarwithnewwheels.jpg
    sideofcarwithnewwheels.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 90
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 83
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 89
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 84
It has 620's and mid eyes after getting these on there I should have even did more. I guess I will look for that template to do the shelby drop and still may have to cut the 620's and not sure on the rear. I sorta like the higher in the front look like they had when they came out but not sure about it with these wheels?????

I had the 2" front drop and a 1" rear drop on mine. Put 17X8s with 245/45s on it and she looked like a 4X4! You have to remember what a big jump it is going from 14" to 17", and the low profile tires don't (can't) compress as much as a set of F-70/14s...LOL.

I do agree that these cars came from the factory sorta high, and don't personally care for the slammed look either. But they could use a little lowering too.

EDIT: Those wheels look great though! I'm starting to get used to the flush-to-the-outside look of modern rims on the classics, it used to bug me but not anymore.

Thanks guys

Edbert I don't like the flush mounts either these pics make it look like these are but actually the spokes are back about 2 inches or so from the lip. In real life they have a smoothe lip that gives that deep dish apperence.

Lowering? Are blocks ok for the rear? Can the 620 be safely cut or do you think the Shelby drop will be enough? What would be another Spring that could be bought for the front?

Harndog, keep in mind your car is not completely together. The coolant, radiator and hood are still off. This will add a little weight to the front end, thus dropping it down a little more than it is now. My advice would be to complete your engine rebuild and drive the car around for a few miles to get the suspension settled and then go about lowering the car.

BTW, nice rims:nice:

Blocks are okay as long as they're an inch or less. Relocating the upper control arm one inch will only lower your car 1/2 inch. Cutting springs always freaked me out, I'm too chicken, but many folks have done so without problems, even the 620s (which are probably safer than the 480s since they don't compress as much to begin with).

When I lowered my car the springs were rated for the drop I requested. For all I know the coils were cut by the manufacturer. Leafs can be recurved too.