New Wheels, Tires and Brakes

kaostik

Apr 13, 2006
Everett, Ma
I havent posted much here lately, but I finally took off the snow rims and tires, put on some new brakes, and thought I'd post up a couple pics

I thought I scored pretty good, I picked up a set of used 17x9 chrome Steeda wheels and Nitto 555r ZR Extreme 275/35/17 tires with atleast 3/4 tread left for $600 in March.

I also ordered front and rear zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors from Rotorpros. I didnt want crappy rusty brakes sitting behind the new wheels. I also grabbed a set of ceramic pads from them as well to keep the dust down. It was shipped to the door for $240. I thought that was a steal too. Ive only had them on for a day so far, but I am real happy with them.

View attachment 259644

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

View attachment 259647

DSC00519.jpg

I'm going to paint the calipers next year. I just wanted to get all this crap on the car. I'd also love to lower the car too, but realistically, I confront speed bumps every day, and the MRT h-pipe already rubs them as it is. And I'm sure I'd destroy the bumper.

• Sponsors (?)

Love the bumper/rim/Cobra spoiler combo!

Lower it and it will look even better! If you do CC plates, Steeda Balljoints and Bumpsteer at the same time you do springs, you shouldn't have a scraping problem unless you lower it too much!

I am going to 01 Cobra bumper/Termi Sideskirts and no wing on my convertible once I either graduate from college this month or sometime in the immediate future!

thanks gents,

i really appreciate the compliments.

i do want to lower it in the worst way, but like i said, i sweat when i see speed bumps even at this epic height haha.

i think ill look into it though

as for the rear being so low, well, thats because i have about 200 pounds of tools back there!! also, as of the time of that picture, i also had the added weight of the old rotors, which ive since thrown out.