New Wiring

dewey19

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm looking for some feedback. I'm looking to rewire my '89. From what I see, American Autowire is the only company offering a NEW wiring system for the Fox Bodies. In looking at their website, they just recently released this kit, and it looks pretty damn good from what I see/read. The instructions also look good. They indicate that I would need to retain about 9 of my original connectors (which I still have), but other than that, everything else is new. I'm not keeping my car stock, so retaining my original gauges is not important to me. Does anyone have any experience with this kit in the short time that it's been on the market? I know AAW has a great reputation, but I want some expert advice. Thanks in advance!

http://www.americanautowire.com/view-product/1987-1989-ford-mustang-classic-update-kit/

dewey

• Sponsors (?)

No experience specific to your inquiry, but some help with what you now have...

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

The diagrams show the location area and the connectors are drawn to the same shape as those in the car.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions