Newbie, 98 Mustang V6

bloodmechanic

Oct 24, 2014
Have owned this car from when it had 20k miles. Never had too many problems until now with 170k miles. Recently had to replace fuel filler grommet. Having starting issues now, having problem figuring out the problem. Issue began with acceleration issues following driving on interstate then stuck in traffic, car would get to 20mph but no faster. Problem would reset after turning off and letting car sit. Most recently problem occurred on 200 mile trip (all highway driving), started to lose speed after 100 miles with cruise control. Friend told me to spray TB to clean, did that. Now having starting issues, will not start at all. Changed plugs but not sure if I have a spark. Checked Schrader valve, spurted gas out, can hear the fuel pump prime. What next to do? Need some help please, this is my primary vehicle and need it to run again.

• Sponsors (?)

First thing to always do is check for computer codes regardless of whehter or not you have a check engine light lit up.

I'd head over to the sn95 section and start a new thread with your issues. They will get you sorted out!