Newbie With Questions

maxxedout

Sep 10, 2014
My daughter just bought a 99 GT . It seems to run and drive very well but I noticed that when you start the car the gauges don't power up for 5 or 6 seconds. Also the check engine light does not come on when started like the others..."ABS,seatbelt and so on. Any ideas would be great

• Sponsors (?)

Well thought that someone maybe took the bulb out to hide a code but had it all checked and the light is off. But it does suppose to come on for the lamp test on start up. The OD light also does not come on, think it may be a bad or bad connection in the cluster....anyone know if you swap it out that the mileage reads the new cluster mileage or the miles that's on the car that its installed in ????

I would say that this could be due to a tuned ECM. I have tuned my ECM with DeltaForce Special Forces software and my gauges take a second or two to come up after start. 5-6 seconds is a bit extreme though.

Pretty sure the CEL shouldn't come on after start up, only when the key is in the ACC on position. If you see all the lights lit up when the key is the in the on position before the car is started, then you should be fine there.