Nickpic's 92 Fox Body Lx Build Thread

Nice looking car man! I have grown to love factory parts (wheels withstanding) on foxes, but to each their own on the lights and such. Every time someone scores a nice fox, it makes me want one. Sorry, dont have the answers to your questions, but wanted to say congrats on the purchase.

• Sponsors (?)

swapped out the BBK catted h pipe with a Bassani offroad X-pipe. sounds way better and it pulls harder up top. pretty sure the cats in the BBK were shot.
sorry for the bad vid. ill get a better one

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdRPYAdHO30

also installed Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. rides way better and the front no longer looks like one of the stanced cars lol

all was going good until i heard some noise under the hood. ended up having a bad harmonic balancer. got her home quickly but gently and parked. Ford racing balancer and some other parts while im in there on the way.

Reactions: 1 user
Its always nice to be able to do a little "while Im doing this, I should do that." Get it done right the first time. Curious to see a pic after the CC plate install. I thought initially the fronts looked tucked a bit, and wondered if the they were narrower wheels or what.

installed 70mm MAF with ebay adapter, SVE in the fender CAI, LMR hatch seal, LMR sun roof seal, and Ford Racing harmonic balancer.

also started a cup holder mod until my dremel took a crap. got a new dremel just got to get some time to finish. im using a chevy colorado cup holder and cutting away on the cup holder and some of the center console where the ash tray is. it should fit nicely and not be too in the way while shifting into 2nd or 4th. ill get some pics up once its done.

Reactions: 2 users
installed 70mm MAF with ebay adapter, SVE in the fender CAI, LMR hatch seal, LMR sun roof seal, and Ford Racing harmonic balancer.

also started a cup holder mod until my dremel took a crap. got a new dremel just got to get some time to finish. im using a chevy colorado cup holder and cutting away on the cup holder and some of the center console where the ash tray is. it should fit nicely and not be too in the way while shifting into 2nd or 4th. ill get some pics up once its done.
I'm assuming the Colorado cup holder holds larger drinks? I crazy how times have changed, back in the day a small soda or "drink" was actually small and these days a "small" soda is frickin huge!

Excuse the mess it's mid job

4ed05dfda1f565453521a84125514716.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Yes good idea. Was thinking of doing the same. Gotta buy some bulbs first tho. Not in a rush to do that yet tho.

lol.

I can save you the trouble. I can take more if you really want to get a good idea. Personally I love them

8072cdaece15028a71906380f86267fc-png.560607.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 8072cdaece15028a71906380f86267fc.png
    8072cdaece15028a71906380f86267fc.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
been busy and also had a family vacation so i havent had much time to mod but the cup holder mod just needs some finishing touches but im very happy with it.

got my procar sportsman seats in. i couldnt resist and i yanked out the passenger seat and started modifying the stock bracket to work on the procar seat. it should work out nicely. i gotta say for a lower end sport seat its very comfortable and looks really nice. cant wait to get it in the car. would of had the passenger side yesterday but the weather wouldnt cooperate.

Little bit of progress. Got the cup holder sitting lower and installed passenger seat. Was able to use all the stock hardware and brackets on the process seats. Just drilled new holes in the sliders.

c65d3e4f05c465e0da584cce57e376dd.jpg

21bff54af375e204f85f917285c6f6e1.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 6d92a93d5f74fe3eeb03215954c7c414.jpg
    6d92a93d5f74fe3eeb03215954c7c414.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 123
Of course during the draught I didn't have time to install anything. Now that it's raining all the time I have time and parts. so i install for a little while then have to stop....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

finally finished up the seats. ill review them soon but i want to get some more seat time(see what i did there) before i give an honest opinion. so far for the money spent i really like the look, comfort, and support. toward the end of the week i should be able to get in a few good rides and ill get some spirited driving mixed in. then ill give a review for anyone that may be interested

here are some pics, yes i know the inside is a mess. pics were taken before i cleaned up from working on installing them.
IMG_20160808_063558628_zpsjqmxafo3.jpg

IMG_20160808_063605348_zpslakqn1ma.jpg

so after some more seat time in the new seats i gotta say im liking these Procar sportsman seats by Scat alot. as a comparison i would say they a slightly firmer version of what comes in the 2015-2016 STi's.

PROS
-cheap in comparison to other name brands
-seem to be well built, and the fabric and leather seem durable but time will tell
-supportive
-comfortable(they are a little on the firm side but i like that) way more comfort than the worn out stock seats
-full reclining motion and tilt forward for rear seat access. forward tilt is important for me as my sons love to ride in the car with me
-i think they look great
-offer a slots for 5 point harness
-i dont feel overly squeezed like some other sport seats. i am 5' 11" and 205-215 lbs ,athletic blue collar beer drinker build and fit just right
-has suprisingly good lumbar support

CONS
-sits a little higher than stock on oem rails but not too high for me (5'11") could be an issue for anyone over 6'
-not a simple bolt in install. easy to modify oem rails and work but it takes time and is a custom install
-could have a little more cushion/padding in the lower section, its not rock hard by an means but i could see it being a little too firm on a real long trip

ill update this post as time goes and may even make a thread on the seats just to make it easier for others searching. so far i am very happy with these seats and for the money you cant go wrong. ill see how they fair as time goes on but first couple weeks impression has me saying this is a great buy!

Reactions: 3 users