Nitto 555's Or Dr's

Mineral4.6

Mar 17, 2015
Can is mainly a daily. But with summer coming up id like to the test n tunes and play at the track a couple weekends. Is it worth buying DR's to only see the track a handful of times a year?

• Sponsors (?)

555R's are DR's. I couldn't get ANY traction at the track with them but then again Im making considerably more power than you.

They were awesome on the street though.

Well I was looking at either the nitto nt555 or the 555 DR's. In 315/35/17

But after realizing I have access to a pair of M/T slicks I'm going to just go with the reg. nitto's and find a pair of rims that will fit my bolt pattern for the slicks. The wheels they are mounted on are for a 9" ford rear end, and pretty sure its larger bolt pattern correct?

I have the Nitto Nt555's. Mine are about 3 years old now and I have put 25,000 miles on them. I am going to replace them soon. Overall I am happy with the tires, but with my aftermarket gears the tires break loose rather easily after I had put 15,000 miles on them. If you are looking for a good tire for daily driving I feel that these are good enough. I will say that they are great in the rain for a summer tire. Other than that I have had no experience with the other tires you are looking at.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm not going to be too concerned about hooking hard since I now have a pair of M/T slicks with some life left in them. this is ultimately a daily until I get a another car in the future. But with summer coming up I can't wait to make some passes and play at the track.