Nopi Bs!

03v6

Sep 10, 2004
Georgia
It was okay, decent amount of actually okay cars: nice supras, mr2s, wrx's, etc. But any way, about five minutes after my gf and friend and I got there, we were walking through midfield (or you know where all of the "show cars" drive to go park) and all of a sudden we hear a damn kenne bell and my friend and i were like oh ****, and turned and looked (both of us huge fans- we have watched the "snakebit" video one too many times). Okay let me set up the setting... 90 degrees, my friend and i both had cameras hoping for something cool like this, we had not seen any thing cool yet at this point, we had seen about 100 cars (gay), there were probably 2 Eclipses revving at each other and an uncountable amount of other pointless cars which i could have beat in the show w/ my basically stock Mustang. So any way, between hydraulic blow offs, we hear the KB and look at this 03 black cobra w/ stock wheels and a dark as hell tint screamin like a damn cat going by the Eclipses. Then it passed us and the exhaust was the most beatiful sounding thing ever. The damn KID put the windows down: he was 16 years old, he and 3 other SIXTEEN year old friends were in the car w/ him. One of my buddies told me that he dynod at 537 at the wheels the next day.He has had his license for 6 weeks.

• Sponsors (?)

+1
he'll go and try to race some one and dump the clutch at 5k in 1st gear and the back end will whip around so fast he'll be in the other lane going head first into another car or a wall befor he even know's what happened!

yeah I could see something like that happening. And rich kids do suck my first car was a '97 CHEVY S-10 four banger. I mean I went to a public school in an unknown town and thre are kids with Friggin' Benz's, Beamer's, and a Porsche! WTF!!!

damn a porsche! I living in a fairly rich town *(alot of old people though) and the best (most expensive) car at my school was an '04 Benz CL430 (the convertable) everyone else drives averag every day looking cars, mutags, maros, some classics, a couple of vettes' (not new... like mid - late 80's) esuvees, and some bikes

I saw a police tape once where the cops pulled the pit manuver (hit the corner of the rear bumper) about four or five times on a Mustang......AND IT JUST KEPT ON GOING!!!!if I find it i'll post a link.

Andy, yeah - the story with that was that it was a police officer in the mustang (obviously, who had wound up on the wrong side of the law) but, it's kind of hard to PIT someone when they know the move and how it works, and anyone who's ever done a reverse spin (which isn't that hard, accelerate in reverse up to like 25mph, get out of reverse, i even shift into first and keep the clutch in, and then just turn the wheels quick, you spin around drop the clutch and let the wheel straighten - it's fun on backroads) can drive their way out of a PIT, but it was funny to watch.

cjmrdc said:
Andy, yeah - the story with that was that it was a police officer in the mustang (obviously, who had wound up on the wrong side of the law) but, it's kind of hard to PIT someone when they know the move and how it works, and anyone who's ever done a reverse spin (which isn't that hard, accelerate in reverse up to like 25mph, get out of reverse, i even shift into first and keep the clutch in, and then just turn the wheels quick, you spin around drop the clutch and let the wheel straighten - it's fun on backroads) can drive their way out of a PIT, but it was funny to watch.

IMO it has nothin to do with his knowing the pit maneuver, it was just damn good driving. Just b/c you can perform it doesn't mean you can get out of it. Pitting isn' that hard of a concept to grasp, going eighty backwards down a crowded interstate and spinning a MUSTANG back around is. but yeah, i agree with you on the fun on backroads part...lol and it really isn't that hard if youve got the balls to practice

03v6 said:
IMO it has nothin to do with his knowing the pit maneuver, it was just damn good driving. Just b/c you can perform it doesn't mean you can get out of it.

Actually some academies DO teach cops to recover their cars from a spinning in circles.
Also, while the physics of the manuever may not be hard to grasp, being able to do it at high speeds without spinning yourself out, or spinning the car into you does require some training. It's not something you should just go out and do.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Actually some academies DO teach cops to recover their cars from a spinning in circles.
Also, while the physics of the manuever may not be hard to grasp, being able to do it at high speeds without spinning yourself out, or spinning the car into you does require some training. It's not something you should just go out and do.[/QUOTE]

I have learned something... i retract my previous statement.. lol

worked v6 said:
It's not!!!! :eek: I was just getting ready to go out and try that on a local Pinellas County cop car, thanks for the warning :nice: :D

If you ever get a chance, go on a ride along. It's an awesome experience. I did one here in Orange County one night. It was crazy blasting through neighborhoods at 90mph with no siren(chasing down possible stolen cars). You also get to meet some interesting people. :D
Can't wait to go on another. My friend's brother just got issued an unmarked. Of course, rolling around in a normal cruiser is cool too.