O.T. It's official

• Sponsors (?)

You mean the Heat? The Mavs didn't get him.

I like the trade because now Kobe will be exposed. The Lakers have won something like 70% of their games with Shaq in the line-up and inly 53% without.

Without Shaq, the Lakers are an avergae team. He may be declining in skillz, but I wouldn't wanna be a Lakers season ticket holder for next year.

NEWS FLASH! Kobe's back again. I was hopping he'd move on to some other team, he's not a leader and certainly not a role model. My son played b-ball when he was younger, and when Magic announced that he had HIV, my son quit playing altogether. Magic Johnson may have been a great player, but as a role model he sucks too.

Yes, Magic screwed up and faced up to it, but still is a bad role model in my opinion. He knew what was right and/or wrong but decided his fate, but I'm not here to preach about him.

I can't believe the Lakers got Vlade back! They traded an over the hill 7 footer for another over the hill 7 footer who is also flat footed. Geez!

2nd Mustang said:
Yes, Magic screwed up and faced up to it, but still is a bad role model in my opinion. He knew what was right and/or wrong but decided his fate, but I'm not here to preach about him.

Just out of curiosity, who do you consider a good role model(and please dont say jordan)?

But yah, gettin vlade back, and offering him the whole mid level exception is :bang:

Yah, its rough to lose shaq, and I'm sure things could have been handled diffrently, but they didnt. Shaq contract was signed before the most recent colective bargining agreement, thus meaning it could be "grandfathered" a precentage which would have him makin around 45 million when he is 36. The salary cap for this season in $43.87 mil. So from just a money standpoint, its rough to comit around 140 mil over the next 4 years to a player who is one serious injury away from ending his career, and keep in mind these next 4 years will be kobe's best years, and how bad would it be if you couldnt get any quality players around him at all during his prime? I like shaq more then kobe cuz the dude is funny and had a great personality, but I understand why things went down the way they did. wow I just wrote alot and its after midnite, im out

Jordan was a great role model for b-ball players, quite humble but could turn it up anytime he wanted to (in his prime). As an all around role model in sports, I've always liked Kurt Rambis (the original Clark Kent/Superman), not the greatest but a very hard working team player. There were many others, such as Micheal Cooper and Byron Scott to name a couple. Strangely enough, I admire Dennis Rodman for his on court play.

golf4283 said:
kobe sucks and is a rapist IMO. Building a team around the best center in all of professional basketball seems like a better way to do it. Not around some hack with more legal problems than you can shake a stick at.

I'm not one to give a rats @$$ about basketball, but I'd say you might want to look a little closer at Kobe Bryant's case.

The chick had sex with another guy hours later, and allegedly exchanged text messages via cell phone bragging about having sex that night. I'm not a woman, but if I were, I would have hard time seeing my self sleep with someone else hours after being raped.

Here in Atlanta, this is a common occurrence: talented black athletes being accused of rape by young white girls because they are afraid of mommy or daddy finding out since mommy or daddy wouldn't be to approving of them consorting with "colored folk." And it SUCKS for the Athletes. More than one has been ruined for very similar situations.

2nd Mustang said:
Athlete or not, Kobe did admit he had consensual sex with the other woman, and let's not forget, he was married at the time :nonono: .

I'm not arguing that he's an adulterer - something pretty despicable in and of itself. I'm just saying that I have a very hard time thinking he raped her.