oil pressure sending unit

TK_05

Feb 12, 2003
Las Vegas
.. or what its called, where the wire oil pressure sender connects into the oil on that fitting.

well i bought the car w/ a mechanical autometer guage and i took that off so im trying to figure out how the stock application looked so i could get it all back to normal.. anyone got a diagram of how the fitting looks or whatever... im guessing its supposed to resemble the water temp one but it doesnt have a screw to put the sending wire on... it only has a place for a copper pipe.. so its an inny not an outy...

• Sponsors (?)

try a search in here- people have posted pics of the sender (or go get a new one). or see if LRS has a pic.
there is a silver hex tube that exits the side of the block. the hex tube has a 1/4" female receptacle for the male sender. just screws right in. the sender is big and bulbous, not at all like the temp sender.

i would keep the autometer by the way. the stock stuff sucks, and you are going the wrong way with your gauge; most ditch the stocker for autometer. much more accurate. good luck.

ok, the stock sender will screw right into the hex shaped deal (assuming it has not been tapped or messed with otherwise). good call on the aftermarket gauge. i run both (dont like dead gauges), and the stocker is inconsistant. good luck.