Oil Recommendations

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a preference in regular oil as far as brands go. Once you get into the higher end oil I prefer Mobil 1 for my S550, Brad Penn for my 84' and Rottella for my diesel Pickup.
I know in years past, Pepboys private label was made by Quaker State. Castrol, Pennzoil, Quaker State will all work just fine.

Alright, I'll go with Mobil 1
"What oil" tends to be a bit of a religious discussion, in my case having torn down a number of engines after long-term use of Mobil 1 (with extended drain intervals) and comparing wear-ridges to conventional oil changed religiously every 3k, you're making a very good choice. I now run the stuff for ~10k on mechanically sound engines without a second thought (just use a good filter). Doing so, I've literally never sent a car to the scrap-yard because of a worn-out engine, it typically outlasts everything else. (On older engines without roller lifters I'll add some zinc, it's not a bad idea to also do so regardless of your oil choice unless you also have roller rockers.)

"What oil" tends to be a bit of a religious discussion,

What he said... You will never get the same recommendations from different people. I hate going to oreilly's or advanced auto and their sales person sits there and trys to convince to run the 50$ oil. In my opinion just regularly changing your oil with any brand will give you a long engine life.

Well first off, it's a 40 year old design pushrod engine (basically), so don't get too worried about it. It's not like it's a new McLaren P1. That being said, Mobil 1 is a bargain these days. In the old days, stepping up to synthetic was a huge investment. Now you can get Mobil 1 for like $26 for 5 qts at Walmart, and I think the cheapest conventional is like $18 for the same quantity. Can't go wrong with Mobil 1.

Kurt