Ok Combo = Awesome Numbers?

88LX5.Oh

15 Year Member
Dec 30, 2011
Arkansas

Mods
"
Stock explorer long block, heads not even as much as removed. TFS springs, retainers, locks, pushrods, Professional products Typhoon upper/lower, egr spacer and TB, BBK unequal length shorties, B-21 cam, Hybrid Cobra Maf, A9L ecm tuned by myself using Moates QH and BE. Flowtech h-pipe, underdrive pulleys, e-fan, 3.73 gears, z-code t-5, race readies open and short belt to bypass power steering pump. FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, FRPP aluminum driveshaft. Nothing fancy, just simple refinement."

I thought these numbers were crazy for the combo he's running.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice numbers. Some of these combos do well when everything is coordinated.

I agree with this, but at the same time some dynos can be very generous, and environment/weather can help huge, too. I notice that the people in that video are all wearing jackets, indicating it's cold outside. Cool air can definitely help things out a bit. I've seen this video before, I'd be very curious to see a backup dyno run on a completely different dyno in completely different conditions. 317 to the tire on a stock explorer heads and a fairly mild cam is a bit tough to digest.

I agree with this, but at the same time some dynos can be very generous, and environment/weather can help huge, too. I notice that the people in that video are all wearing jackets, indicating it's cold outside. Cool air can definitely help things out a bit. I've seen this video before, I'd be very curious to see a backup dyno run on a completely different dyno in completely different conditions. 317 to the tire on a stock explorer heads and a fairly mild cam is a bit tough to digest.

I would also like to see this. Because I've seen way better combos only put down like 320-330 at the wheels

its alllllll about dyno calibration. I call BS. you could make a 96 camry put down 650 if you move a few decimals in the programming ( i know this because ive learned how to do it). The engine master's challenge doesnt like to screw around with shady dynos.

Not to say that the GT40 type combos arent a decent set up, just not that good IMO

EDIT: I've had someone EXPLAIN how to do it, i have never done it nor could i figure it out myself. But it can be done. Thats not to say someone would go through the trouble to fudge the numbers on a cookie-cutter fox body, just goes to show that a few numbers out of range can pad the numbers pretty good.

Nifty...but as others have stated, I'd like to see him repeat those numbers on a different dyno. Personally, I think Dyno days are more about "Oooo's and Ahhhh's" and confirming your A/F ratio than they are about accuracy.

Reactions: 1 user
Dyno numbers are that just numbers... Get to the track and the mph shows the true power! Dynos are tuning tools nothing more nothing less

really great numbers for the mods!!! anything is possible...even if dyno was a little generous and you take a little off still great job! with et 12.4 match up with the dyno numbers