Old Car, New To Forum

Hi!

New to the forum, here's my never ending project from Maine:

1970 Coupe, factory grabber orange, original interior(mostly), 302 from a 68, c4 trans, 8in axle with 4.10 gears... No highway for this guy!
Never ending...."fun"

Kyle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet brother.

Got to tell you, the '70 mustang is my favorite year of all. I've been around since the beginning of them too. Mind you, i was a little boy back in '64, but my dad bought one of the first.

Plus it's orange! Very cool, are you shooting to do a Boss 302 look?

Post more pictures, we'd all like to see them.

Do some snooping in the Classic subforum, you'll get lots of help and inspiration there.

Tell me about the avator and the burnt to hell front end.

Good to have you with us.

Thanks for the response! Appreciate it.
The 70 is my favorite year front end wise, it's got that mean look but it's clean from the side. My dream car is a 1970 Boss 429.
When my dad and I first purchased this car it had a "boss 302" style stripe job.
It had a fire in 2011 from the ignition box and fuel line, was warming it up one morning and went back into get a coffee, came back outside to see the front end engulfed in flames... Spent almost a year putting her back together, ran out of money when it came to paint so it has "ghost" flames on it... Not my favorite. Someday I would love to get her solid grabber orange and make it my own Boss 429, but with a twist. A screaming small block stroker, with hopefully a toploader 4spd.. Maybe even a 5spd... Someday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response! Appreciate it.
The 70 is my favorite year front end wise, it's got that mean look but it's clean from the side. My dream car is a 1970 Boss 429.
When my dad and I first purchased this car it had a "boss 302" style stripe job.
It had a fire in 2011 from the ignition box and fuel line, was warming it up one morning and went back into get a coffee, came back outside to see the front end engulfed in flames... Spent almost a year putting her back together, ran out of money when it came to paint so it has "ghost" flames on it... Not my favorite. Someday I would love to get her solid grabber orange and make it my own Boss 429, but with a twist. A screaming small block stroker, with hopefully a toploader 4spd.. Maybe even a 5spd... Someday!
Yeah geez, that had to make you weep.

Sounds like great plans, who doesn't like a 429? Who's got $200k though?

Good idea though with the small block version. At least you won't have to modify the shock towers.

Do start a post in the classic section, you'll be welcomed in there with lots of experienced gearheads.