Older worker bees...

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
While reading the Sunday paper, I ran across an article about job outsourcing. An employee of Agilent Technologies of 25 years was laid off just 11 weeks short of being eligible for early retirement! :notnice: The really sad part was that he had to train his replacement :bang: That's it, I'm not buying anything made by Agilent Technologies. I can understand cut backs, but not to give the guy some kind of retirement package after 25 years, now that's down right cold hearted! It reminds me of my father, same situation, lost his pension and benefits after 20+ years working for a company. Next time you buy something, ask where their tech support is based in, I bet it will be in India.

• Sponsors (?)

The same thing happened to my dad at Motorola. About 3 month short of retirement he was given a small severance package and laid off. He's been out of work for a year now. It's been hard going from the kid to the breadwinner right away along with going to school. But things are looking up he has strong applications and interviews with a couple companies now.

Lawyers will pursue this for you, probably on contigency. Age discrimination is usually what works. My old man got canned at 64.5. He got his retirement and more.

Anybody that shops at Wal-Mart is part of the problem. 80% of their crap is chinese.

Max Power said:
Lawyers will pursue this for you, probably on contigency. Age discrimination is usually what works. My old man got canned at 64.5. He got his retirement and more.

Anybody that shops at Wal-Mart is part of the problem. 80% of their crap is chinese.

80% of everything we buy is chinese anyway, big deal.

I do check to see if companies outsource their tech support to countries like India etc. and if so I do refuse to buy their products. If you sell the product in the US I expect to be able to understand the guy/gal on the phone if I need help.