Options Wanted....

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
Have a friend that has an 01 GT vert with the following... CAI, 75 mm intake and plenum, upgraded injectors, 4.10 gears, short throw shifter, and a tune from Bama. He's wanting to put more in it performance wise but doesn't know which way to go this past weekend ran a high 13 @ 99 mph. What does he need now? Looking at BBK tuned headers or and Intake manifold... If he goes intake, looking at the Edelbrock Victor series- does he need their fuel rails and plenum or can he use stock?

• Sponsors (?)

Edelbrock intake needs Edelbrock parts. There is an adapter for the lower intake to use aftermarket upper intake. You need Edelbrock fuel rails as well. Yea man, other then turbo or supercharge, the bolt on parts are for fun, maybe throttle response and sound is an extra. Mainly, 4.6 liter bolt on mods improve efficiency for the engine.

Weight reduction and tires I would think would be a great place to invest some time. While you didn't mention what tires he is running or the curb weight, these can be some of the biggest bang for the buck type of improvements. If it still has the stock exhaust then that definately has to go! Long tubes are going to yield the best power on the 4.6 2V and if you can get a set of equal length tuned headers all the better. The mid-pipe needs to either be an off-road unit or at minimum a high flow cat unit. For a drag car, I would just run dumps right out of the back of the mid-pipe. The intake would be a good upgrade, but the heads are also a bottle neck for the 4.6 PI motors. Rear suspension components should also be considered. I would recommend solid link upper and lower control arms or a transition to poly units.

Good Luck!

rear suspension upgrade and sun frame connecters, tires, remove front sway bar and probably see low 13's possibly high 12's.

My car was purchased with quite a few bolt on's so what I mentioned will be my next purchase. I am running 315 nt555's out back. Low rpm launch and they hook, only chirp in second unlike my all seasons that spin into 4th gear.