ouch.

Snail50

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2001
Miami
this morning I saw what had been a very nice white 65-66 coupe sitting on the median after having been HEINOUSLY rear-ended.
this car had a gleaming white paintjob, larger than stock chromies, Shelby side scoops, and GT fog lamps. (it may have had stripes, but I can't remember...I just got done looking at pics of NorCal's car, so maybe that's why I'm thinking stripes) The entire trunk and rear quarters were just accordioned in. It literally made me feel sick to see it. Tonight I washed and detailed the 67, and I kept having flashbacks to that poor crumpled Mustang. I can't imagine how the owner must feel, because it was obvious that he/she'd spent time and money upkeeping that car.

a moment of silence. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

*tear* it's a shame when a classic dies. I bet the person responsible was some kid in an RSX or a Civic, all riced out who thought he was bad until he needed to stop in a hurry. If so, that kid is probably in critical condition (if he lived) 'cause I can tell you from first hand experience they can't take that kind of punishment, especially if they damage that steel beast that badly. (I was in a bad accident in a CRX, bad enough which the cop was perplexed how I and my passenger walked away, there was little left of the CRX which was in pieces all over the street. Single car accident, bad storm w/ flash flooding going down hill on a sharp curve...tha 1500lbs when full of gas CRX just just started floating...and spinning...and spinning into a tree...and another...and another and a fire hydrant and a tree and a brick wall.)

I feel your pain... I lost my beloved 69 Mach 1 about 6 years ago. Damn those soccer mom's in there 4500lb Toyota Landcruisers! Crumpled the entire rear of the car, launched me across the intersection to where I rear ended a Windstar, then had the nerve to say she didn't see me stopped at the red light? Plus, her teenage daughter in the passenger seat didn't see me either? WTF?! At least the gas tank didn't explode (Is this an urban myth or what? Cuz I was hit HARD... knocked the filler pipe out of the gas cap, but no explosion).
This is when I learned the important lesson of upping the insurance to the most recent appraised value of the car.

That sounds like the guy in the full size van that changed lanes into me. I didn't have a working horn at the time. However, his daughter looked right at me as he was coming over. Some people.

Yeah, it's kewl, I was 16. It's been 4 yrs this month since that Happened. I tend to make sure my car accidents are doozies though! About a year and a half later my integra was totalled by a guy t-boning my driver's side door at about 45 mph. I was stationary in a turn lane. Guy had no insurance.

Between those 2 accidents I don't know which hurt my insurance premiums more!