Paint Color

Becker

Nov 3, 2015
Getting close to paint. Trying to find the right blue and stripe combo. Original color was green but been blue w/ white c-strip since I've owned. Auto body shop suggested picking color from newer car to get better paint technology. Leaning towards deep ocean blue on new chevy silverodos (pains me to use chevy color but best I've seen so far) with a gun metal gray c-strip (match bullitt wheels & never seen gray c-stripe). like blue and silver/gray combo's (owned 3 blue fords so far). Appreciate any suggestions. Attaching current paint scheme.
DSCN1310.JPG
chevy deep ocean blue.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a paint tech. Trust me when I say we can call ppg and get any formula or code added to the computer we want or need. We have to do this on occasion when a new car comes out with a new code that isn't in the system already. Don't let lazy shops force you into something if you don't want it. Looks like night mist blue you have there, nice color. What do you want for your car?

Thanks for the posts. Contacted previous owner that painted the car blue. Thought the color was called midnight blue in the 80's. Think body guys is more concerned with matching the color and living up to my expectations. I'll definitely see if I can location a nightmist blue car. Sorry Cobra 42898 this car is NFS. I've been storing it since 1995 and waiting 20 years to make this happen.

Lol, I was asking what your plans were for the car. I'd love another mustang but we've got two and I'm already making plans for the '70 to come up soon and be added to the stable. My father has a 66 in night mist blue, that's why I recognized it. great looking color. Good luck with yours!