Paint Protection

104 Division

Jul 17, 2014
I'm sure there's a thread buried deep somewhere on the site but not having found it I'll bring up this question. What would you learned gentlemen (or ladies) recommend for paint protection on a new Stang? Years ago those clear films from 3M and other seem to have been popular until it was discovered that over the years they yellowed and any attempt to remove them really screwed up the paint job (or so I've heard). I'm just about to pick up a very low-mileage 2013 V-6 premium manual tranny with performance package and I'd love to keep the front end from looking like my faithful 2005 with 233k miles. As y'all can imagine with no protection it looks like it's been through a sand blaster!

• Sponsors (?)

Have not tried the 3M product, but I would think it is just like Plasti Dip. I used this on my 03 GT to try out some stripe ideas and it works great. Left on for 6 months and it peeled right off. They make Plasti Dip in Clear. I would give it a try and if you don't like the results peel it off. I have stayed away from the clear films, but have no experience with them.