Pb At Track Last Night

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
@FastDriver, here is the outcome of my night at the track.

Sorry, no video this time, one of the few times I didn't take it.

Paradise dragstrip, the worst I have ever seen, absolutely no prep.

93 GT, 331 stock block w/ 185 AFRs, HSMII intake, fti cam, small tube headers and no tune. PS, PB and AC all intact and functional. Fu'll interior.

Changes I made: went from a 235 MT Drag RADIAL to a 26×10.5 ET Street (bias ply) and took the 2 step off my clutch peddle and put it on the horn button.

1st run I launched at 3500 and cut a 1.82 60ft (previous best was like a 1.94 at this track), got 3rd gear and headed towards the wall. I let off, got straight and crosses with an 8.18.

Few more runs varying launch rpm, and honestly trying to gather my nerves back together. Final run of the night was a 3500rpm launch off the two step, with the peddle on the floor. Car spun and pulled the back end slightly, then hooked hard. I was racing a buddy in a LT1 firebird, but I did not leave on green, giving him a head start. the car hooked and took off, I knew it felt decent and I drove it pretty hard. I passed him up top and picked up a new best of 7.84...I was pretty happy.

My goal with this car is to get a 7.50 or an 11 second time slip. Considering it still has shorties, no tune, I am running heavy production wheels and a crappy track, i'D say it has it in it.

Mixing bias ply and radials definetly causes swaying...just to confirm what you read. Also, I think moving the two step to a switch resulted in better times.

Joe

Attachments

• 20150731_220502.jpg
    20150731_220502.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the feedback, bro. Nice work! The engine is definitely working at the 95, almost 96mph trap speed is hauling ass for sure. That should put you through the 1/4 traps at ~120mph! 11s? ha! Your car is going mid-11s as it sits! That race must've been fun. He murdered you from the tree by over a second, and you still ran him down! I'll bet that was fun! Yeah, I like the horn switch. I wonder what I'd need to do to get it to work on one side while still having a usable horn with the other switch.

Thanks for the feedback, bro. Nice work! The engine is definitely working at the 95, almost 96mph trap speed is hauling ass for sure. That should put you through the 1/4 traps at ~120mph! 11s? ha! Your car is going mid-11s as it sits! That race must've been fun. He murdered you from the tree by over a second, and you still ran him down! I'll bet that was fun! Yeah, I like the horn switch. I wonder what I'd need to do to get it to work on one side while still having a usable horn with the other switch.

I didn't point out the trap speed because their mph have always been high for sone reason. Their et's are close to other tracks though. I believe I was trapping between 90-91 mph.

I wasn't concentrating on reaction times on this run, seeing that I had botched the couple before, so I took my time with it (I go excited and didn't let off the two step the time before...oops).

I installed a toggle switch, hidden away. It let's me choose between the two step or the horn. Obviously I leave the horn on while driving on the road.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
@RangerJoe
What's the hold up on getting the car tuned? Are you not done with modifications?

Well, I was saving for one of the stinger pimp ecu's, but I ended up spending my money on a new set of tires instead. Life really...we just had our second child almost two weeks ago, which means 2 daycare bills now, I had to buy a new truck (used) to fit a second car seat and I am still holding on to our old house at the moment, but I am trying to sell it. So, funds are just not there at the moment. I do want to add longtubes before the tune, but it is just on the back burner at the moment.

Good on you Joe! When she going to see a better track?

She will, and has. Paradise is just the closest and some other buddies were already going. Brainard is another half hour and both commerce and Steele are about two hour drives. Now that I have a half ton pickup, I can borrow a trailer and will probably make a trip to Steele for some test n tune one friday night.

BTW, inhave probably made 6 dozen passes in this car over the past five years, and this car has never been on a trailer and has driven anywhere from 90-120 miles one way to do it. I am proud of that, even if it is slow.

Joe

Joe, I have not driven mine in almost 2 years. I think your doing just fine:nice: I am biased, your Mustang is the same color scheme as the first foxbody I got to drive. Then again, it did cause all the madness since.

Reactions: 1 user
Life really...we just had our second child almost two weeks ago, which means 2 daycare bills now

Congrats on child #2. I know how you feel about day care, I was paying $700 per month for just my son for 3 days a week and then I freaked when we had our twin girls (whom just turned 2 last week) and they told us how much it'd be for all 3 of them, $1400!! That's not even full time day care either. Wife and I were fortunate enough to adjust our work schedules to where there is always one of us home with the kids everyday so no more day care! Mo $ for the Stang addiction.

Congrats on child #2. I know how you feel about day care, I was paying $700 per month for just my son for 3 days a week and then I freaked when we had our twin girls (whom just turned 2 last week) and they told us how much it'd be for all 3 of them, $1400!! That's not even full time day care either. Wife and I were fortunate enough to adjust our work schedules to where there is always one of us home with the kids everyday so no more day care! Mo $ for the Stang addiction.

Ouch! Congrads though. My wife jokes that one kid in daycare is a carpayment and two is a vacation home. Lol.

I will say that in have been more than blessed to have the things, both family and material, and still be able to play with the Stang a little.

Joe

Ouch! Congrads though. My wife jokes that one kid in daycare is a carpayment and two is a vacation home. Lol.

I will say that in have been more than blessed to have the things, both family and material, and still be able to play with the Stang a little.

Joe
Truth bro! I am blessed as well to have my family, my home and still have something left over to support my dirt bike and mustang habbits. Heck, I'm working OT right now as I type (from home) to help pay for this fun life! :cheers:

I'm surprised it's only 1400$.. We go to a ugro learning center which is a 4 star center. Infant room is the most expensive because they need constant attention.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm surprised it's only 1400$.. We go to a ugro learning center which is a 4 star center. Infant room is the most expensive because they need constant attention.

Sent from my iPhone
Quote was from kindercare and it was for 3 days a week for my son and only 2 days a week for my twins at $1400 per month. Still left a lot of at home care and moving around work schedules.

Man, I guess I should feel lucky. I know things are cheaper here in the good ole south, but you can get two kids in for just under $1k a month. Thank God a family friend stepped up and is keeping our kids, it saves us a few hundred.

Joe

I'm curious to your predictions of mid 11's -120mph. From my expieriences those times are closer to low 12's-high 11's and a trap speed 115-118mph

I'm curious to your predictions of mid 11's -120mph. From my expieriences those times are closer to low 12's-high 11's and a trap speed 115-118mph