Performance Tuner Recommendations

• Sponsors (?)

I would suggest getting and SCT or Diablosport Tuner from American Muscle and Bama Tunes. The hand-held tuner holds the tunes and you will have more options for future custom tunes if you go with SCT since they are more widely supported. I went with the Diablosport since I have Macintosh computers and I can not use SCT with them. If you order through AM, you get Bama tunes for life. I think those are perfect for a stock to mildly modified Mustang. If you don't want one of the Bama "canned" tunes, you can have it custom tuned by a local shop. If a custom tune will give you much more than a canned tune at your level of mods is debatable and up to you if you want to spend the money on a custom tune. Bottom line: go with the SCT hand-held and decide where to get your tune.

I started with hand held SCT tuner and had issues with overheating before tune was installed. Bama replaced my lower cost SCT after I requested the high dollar touch screen Diablosport Trinity T-1000 tuner and I'll pay the difference in price. I received it hooked it up and was completely blown away. After a few weeks went by I notice American Muscle never charged me the difference in cost. I called them to check and customer rep MGR said they didn't plan to charge me and was sorry for the mishap...WOW

Absolutely incredible tuner and alerts you while you're driving of trouble codes that may pop-up. During summer heat after I run my Stang hard and then normal a few miles later one of my fuel rail banks will develop over pressure and at a touch of the screen the Diablosport adjust it to correct specs. Also air to fuel ratios and/or particular cylinder too lean or too rich may pop-up often after aggressive driving. Diablosport alerts, you correct within a split second and your Mustang operates at 100% 24/7/365.

I've learned active monitoring while driving has major benefits and a basic hand held unit left hooked up to receive alerts would get old which most aggressive drivers don't do. I believe most customers using the cheaper turners probably have many pop-up performance alerts and they never know it. Pop-up issues with not hurt the car, but you're not getting most out of it which is the point of having a tuner...!

Bama is a tremendous tuning company that stands firm behind their warranties, aggressive safe tunes, and especially American Muscle products.

Diablosport Trinity T-1000 has ready to use aggressive tunes from Diablosport programers. You list your mods and the T-1000 will reset your Mustang computer. The T-1000 keeps your factory tune, custom tune, race tune, and will store one Bama tune of your choosing. I must admit the Diablosport race tune is a lot more aggressive compared to Bama's race tune. I use Bama race tune mostly because they regulate the idle a little smoother, but Diablosport Race version is insanely fast and powerful for weekend Chevy, Dodge, and rice racer hunting...lol.

Last edited: