Pillar Guage Pod Install

warmdye

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2000
Out in the Desert
I am installing an autometer A pillar guage pod and some people tell me to install it as a cover over the stock pillar and some tell me to replace the stock pillar. What do you think I should do?

Also how do the interior pieces that run across the top of the windshield and door window come off? I don't see any screws.

• Sponsors (?)

It works and looks great as a cover. There is no reason to take the original pillar off, in my opinion. Also, it's no problem to run the electric wires or even vacuum tubing (as I have done) between the cover and the pillar. On mine you can't even tell it's a cover, and you definitely can't see the wires or tubes from the gauges. I can post pics later if you like.

Do you have the entier 4-gauge pillar pod or just the small 2-gauge or 1 gauge stype pod?

Here's my 2-gauge pod (i changed the screws to black)
Apod2.jpg

Apod6.jpg

I have the same one as Mike, but it's a full pillar, with 3, 2 1/16" Phantom gauges

I used it as a cover because itout it, it would move around, and you could see the gap where the stock pillar would be, it's just too big to not use it as a cover IMO.