Pin Holes In Floor Pan. What Would You Do?

Foot Hill

Dec 9, 2014
9cd3f86361d9013aa34f05a7af590fa3.jpg

50eda352beab8c5775d74df33b986a9c.jpg

As you can see, small pin holes at upper right corner near gas pedal and same general area at passengers foot rest area.
Is there a patch kit for this section of car available?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
The rest of pan is ok with just random holes from screws all over needed to fill with welder.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

it depends on how much you want to spend, what your abilities are, and the reason for the pin holes. if these pin holes are the result of rust starting to form, and you catch it early enough, you can grind away the rust, use a rust converter to stop it, and if the holes are small enough you can patch the area with fiberglass, or something similar. if the holes are larger than say a nickle, you probably should use small patches to fill the holes. on an old falcon i once had, i used duct tape and roofing sealer to patch small holes in the floor boards. worked quite nicely.

The primer ford used had drips from under side .Inside the drips sometimes it would rust through because the drip trapped air and left a small bare metal spot .I have cleaned these spots of rust and paint and soldered them if they were just a pin hole .

Cool, thanks for the info guys.
I diddnt even know the name of damaged area.
( Toe board and floor pan)

I am mechanic and welder/fabricator by trade so I am able to do the work, just never been around body shop type work.

Question:
I purchased new toe board and floor pan section. Being that they cost money I'm wanting to use ALL of the panels. But really only small section of toe board and floor pan are rusty and I can see leaving as much untouched easier and less likely to shift frame alignment.
So,
is it best to keep as much of orig. material?
Or
Cut it all out as big as my patch sheets are?

I usually only replace as much as is needed ,Trim the panel to just what you need .It is easier to do a smaller patch because some of those patches do not fit really great .I have had to do patches that someone else already patched ,and used the full size patch, making the new patch to small.

I usually only replace as much as is needed ,Trim the panel to just what you need .It is easier to do a smaller patch because some of those patches do not fit really great .I have had to do patches that someone else already patched ,and used the full size patch, making the new patch to small.

yep, you want to use as small a repair as possible.