Plasma Booster?...to do or not to do.

Morgstang

Aug 9, 2003
Have no idea what this is. Isnt it some sort of spark enhancer? Anyone have this on there car and noticed any positive results? Any dyno #'s? thanks for your replys. How much do they cost and who has them the cheapest?

• Sponsors (?)

it is like an ignition box that boosts your spark by x amount of time and like doubles the amperage. It is an add on to your existing ignition system, but the install is like adding a whole new ignition, from what I hear. I've heard that it adds enough to be considered a "good" mod, but I've never used it or know anyone that has.

Anyone running this?

:notnice: it didn't do crap for my car (98gt). the only thing that i noticed it doing was, the car seemed to rev cleaner. i certainly won't be buying another one for my new car. there are better mods that you can do for $300
now there are a couple of people on here that say that they felt a difference, but they seem to be the minority on here, or at least from what i hear

Talk about a sales pitch. I was told from a reputable performance shop that these things have been dynoed at 12 to 28 hp increase. Thanks for your comments guys, just goes to show that shops wanna sell stuff whatever lies they have to say to sell it.

They did a test in 50 magazine and saw a feh hp at the wheels. It definetly would not be a sotp gain but would be good for someone like me who is running a power adder. If I got that I could gap my plugs a little larger for better spark.