Please Help 99 Mustang Not Starting

cody farmer

Apr 25, 2016
Wondering if someone can help me with my problem this is my 99 mustang it has a 2000 mustang engine and tranny in it with 70k miles i recently got it painted the painter kept it 9 months outside up on a open spot of land next to a hill when i got it back it drove fine for a little bit then about a day later it died and would not start back so i let it sit for a little bit i was just 5 mins from home no reason to have it towed so i tried to start it bam! it started drove it home fine then i drove it to the store 3-4 times 10-15 miles each time drove fine brought it home parked it for a couple months now it wont start at all or turn over sometimes i put the key in it try to start it i hear a light faint clicking from under the drivers side dash and once in a blue moon the thief light comes on i know everyone will say PATS but i thought so too my uncle came over and looked at it with my dad he tighten some wire on the pass side under the hood i wasnt out there so i cant tell you what it was but it started ran fine again for away now it wont start still hear the light clicking some but its just like the batts dead which its not ive bought 2 new batts and 2 new alternators because mechanics suggested thats the problem now ive got some mechanics saying pats and now ive got some saying sounds like a lose ground somewhere in the car shorting it out the car was in a minor fender bender the old owner replaced some body parts aka drivers door and i noticed some loose wires in the door after i pulled the panel from the windows not being able to roll down so im wondering if that could cause this or what i was going to swap it over time but my truck is getting the best of me cause of gas prices so i figured till i saved up enough for a gas saver id keep the v6 in it but if anyone can help me with this problem ill owe you big time also the radio was pulled from the car so i got all of those loose wires but all i want to do is fix this and drive my car i haven't driven it in over a year

Update some is saying its a GEM i read somewhere it could be as simple as the radio ground that is also the GEM ground being lose

• Sponsors (?)