"please Help" Temp Problem

I'm going to get a three guage pod and I agree "Autometer". Thanks for the input.
I vote for the A pillar mount. Out of the way and doesn;t interfere with the A/C vents

Attachments

• 20160123_165852.jpg
    20160123_165852.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well after talking to my buddy. I'm going to go with the vent guage and only monitor two (Water Temp / Oil Pressure). My goal is do the stock dash cluster in all auto meter, but for now just going to monitor the two.

I vote for the A pillar mount. Out of the way and doesn;t interfere with the A/C vents

Funny my buddy just texted me and said something about the pillar mount. All have to agree it would be out of the way and I wouldn't have to mess with the mounts. Question? A pillar mount is a pillar mount right? I mean I've got a 91 GT (CONV) would that make a difference picking one out?

Not a whole lot of good solutions to mount gauges in a fox.
I personally dislike the pillar gauges, and i'd suspect in a vert i'd dislike it ever more with the top down. IMO, they just never look like they belong there.

If 2 1/16 gauges fit under the radio that's probably where I would prefer them.
I'm pretty sure the 2 5/8's I have don't.

Funny my buddy just texted me and said something about the pillar mount. All have to agree it would be out of the way and I wouldn't have to mess with the mounts. Question? A pillar mount is a pillar mount right? I mean I've got a 91 GT (CONV) would that make a difference picking one out?

They make specific pillar mounts for convert vs. non convert. You can buy the non convert one and just trim it down.. I have it in my vert and it adds zero noise with the top down.

Not a whole lot of good solutions to mount gauges in a fox.
I personally dislike the pillar gauges, and i'd suspect in a vert i'd dislike it ever more with the top down. IMO, they just never look like they belong there.

If 2 1/16 gauges fit under the radio that's probably where I would prefer them.
I'm pretty sure the 2 5/8's I have don't.
I think thats were i would like them also, but my buddy was telling me he thinks that I would have to look down and lean over just to see the guage just from the angle.

You glance at them, not stare. They don't need to be in your face. Should be no worse than glancing at the radio to change the station.

As I suspected, 2 1/16 should fit under radio.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-04371C/87-93-Mustang-Radio-Gauge-Panel-2-1-16
I don't feel like buying new gauges or i'd move mine there.

You will need a third gauge, just don't buy one of those fake air/fuel light show gauges.

Well I like them there the more I think about it, but your right about the staring. Think I'm going to put the water temp, oil pressure and volts, or could you think of something better to monitor than volts