Please Help!

Mikedaddy

Mar 25, 2016
I have a 1995 ford mustang gt with 5.0 manual transmission. Ive had it in storage for a year or so and i pulled it out i have been driving it and its been bogging down a bit. While im driving it feels as if im letting off the accelerator for a brief moment and back on it and its a contant feeling in all gears but when im in 5th gear the stick starts to shake like crazy any of you have this problem? Ive tried flushing the fuel system and cleaning it new fuel filter now throttle position sensor still nothing is changing vac lines are all good makes a small distinct rattling sound but i cant tell where its coming from

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like bad gas after storage - did you get all of the old gas out of there? I'd put a fuel pressure gauge on the car and see what it's doing. The sock in the tank may have gummed up, my dad's car did that and we had low fuel pressure despite new gas, new filter, and a good pump. That would require pulling the tank / pump unfortunately. Pull the engine codes to see if it's something else -- replacing electronic parts on a guess isn't a good use of time or money.

The stick shaking might be some binding u-joints or just some flat-spots on the tires after storage. It could also be the car just running crappy from the other problem. If it's the tires they should eventually get their shape back - next time try over-inflating them while it's stored. If it's the U-joints definitely check them for binding from dry grease. It could also be a lot of other things but those would be my first guesses.