Please Please Please Please Be Happening.

• Sponsors (?)

Ironic, I just watched Bullitt on TCM last night. LOL

I've heard quite a bit of rumors and seen the pics of the new Bullitt. From everything I've heard, it is strictly a dressing package like the California Specials. It has it's own custom set of wheels, badging, green paint job, and I believe they even considered a custom interior. Not sure what though. Perhaps quilting/diamond pattern or vertical stitching lines in the leather, but no word. There was also some rumors of it having the air intakes on the rear fenders, but they would most likely be non-functional. My guess is they will decided whether or not enough will be sold to justify the extra body work.

Ironic, I just watched Bullitt on TCM last night. LOL

I've heard quite a bit of rumors and seen the pics of the new Bullitt. From everything I've heard, it is strictly a dressing package like the California Specials. It has it's own custom set of wheels, badging, green paint job, and I believe they even considered a custom interior. Not sure what though. Perhaps quilting/diamond pattern or vertical stitching lines in the leather, but no word. There was also some rumors of it having the air intakes on the rear fenders, but they would most likely be non-functional. My guess is they will decided whether or not enough will be sold to justify the extra body work.
Nope, fortunately not "strictly a dressing package" it uses the GT350 intake manifold, larger throttle body, an open element intake, and different pcm calibration. It will have at "least 475hhp" I guess you can say it is an undressing package as it is de-badged except for a crosshair faux gas cap Green or black only.Manual transmission only , as it should be.

I guess you can say it is an undressing package as it is de-badged except for a crosshair faux gas cap Green or black only.Manual transmission only , as it should be.
Ford says the reason you can only get a manual is because Steve would have wanted it that way. He actually had input in the choice of car he drove in the movie and chose a stripped down mustang GT because it was a working mans car, something a cop could afford.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, looks like they took a Base GT, gave it a tune and some bolt on upgrades from the GT350. Interior looks like standard leather 401A package with some green stitched Recaros. Then debadged it with only a Bullitt badge on the trunk. Looks pretty cool to me.

Personally, I am a fan of the Green and the Kona Blue. It would be kind of cool to drive a Bullitt to work every day, but putting that many miles on it would eventually destroy its inevitable value someday. To me, this is going to be a collectors car.

Reactions: 1 user